Reply
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific
Posts: 264
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

Hey guys, so I have a really decent credit card portfolio, Chase Sapphire Preferred with a high limit was one of my goals. So as far as retail credit cards and personal lines of credit are concerned, I would like to continue improving it.

 

What does anyone have in mind? I do not have a personal line of credit at all yet.

 

Most likely the Macy's card will be closed in a few months, but I may keep it open, whatever.

Most likely I'll apply for Navy Fed or Pen Fed

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 667, EXP 658, TU 662, AVG 662 WEAK - Feb 2014
EFX 678, EXP 733, TU 691, AVG 700 GOOD - May 2014
Spree results: EFX ???, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
New Contributor
rex_03
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎11-08-2007

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

From your portfolio have you considered a product change on the Amex Blue to a better offering revolver with a better rewards structure. Also, are you looking to improve quality Vs. quantity?
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific
Posts: 264
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

[ Edited ]

rex_03 wrote:
From your portfolio have you considered a product change on the Amex Blue to a better offering revolver with a better rewards structure. Also, are you looking to improve quality Vs. quantity?

Looking for quality, otherwise I'd have a bunch of cards from random banks and store cards!

 

 

The only reason I got Amex was to do the 3x CLI soft pull, just to cross it off my bucket list. I did choose blue after looking at Amex's offering, but what do you have in mind?

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 667, EXP 658, TU 662, AVG 662 WEAK - Feb 2014
EFX 678, EXP 733, TU 691, AVG 700 GOOD - May 2014
Spree results: EFX ???, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
New Contributor
rex_03
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎11-08-2007

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

The Amex blue is a good card in its own,but if not mistaken the points are converted to member rewards express. It's kinda a middle tier to me. I app'd for the Amex BCE as it offers the tiered points and I don't über spend in the catagories, so the 0$ annual fee fit my bill. I can do the 3X CLI on that also. Your return on a product change would be higher as the cash back/ credit,etc.. Would be more benificial with say a BCE or a card of interest.
If I were interested in MR points as I am, I will do a plat. Or such, and if Zync rolls back out I will take that member rewards express tier, and tie it to give me a full MR conversion..
My main go to for me is also the CSP/ Freedom combo by chase as I've racked up a ton of points very fast. Do you have a freedom?
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific
Posts: 264
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

[ Edited ]

rex_03 wrote:
The Amex blue is a good card in its own,but if not mistaken the points are converted to member rewards express. It's kinda a middle tier to me. I app'd for the Amex BCE as it offers the tiered points and I don't über spend in the catagories, so the 0$ annual fee fit my bill. I can do the 3X CLI on that also. Your return on a product change would be higher as the cash back/ credit,etc.. Would be more benificial with say a BCE or a card of interest.
If I were interested in MR points as I am, I will do a plat. Or such, and if Zync rolls back out I will take that member rewards express tier, and tie it to give me a full MR conversion..
My main go to for me is also the CSP/ Freedom combo by chase as I've racked up a ton of points very fast. Do you have a freedom?

I'm aware of CSP + Freedom to rack up points in the categories, but thats actually way too much work for me. I fortunately live in a situation where I don't need a car or care about gas, and I don't have a Lowe's nearby - these are examples of current areas where the freedom will get me tons of points that I could use on CSP or something

 

I am content with just CSP for now, for the rewards game

 

 

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 667, EXP 658, TU 662, AVG 662 WEAK - Feb 2014
EFX 678, EXP 733, TU 691, AVG 700 GOOD - May 2014
Spree results: EFX ???, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific
Posts: 264
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

bump

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 667, EXP 658, TU 662, AVG 662 WEAK - Feb 2014
EFX 678, EXP 733, TU 691, AVG 700 GOOD - May 2014
Spree results: EFX ???, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,173
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio


gen-specific wrote:

rex_03 wrote:
From your portfolio have you considered a product change on the Amex Blue to a better offering revolver with a better rewards structure. Also, are you looking to improve quality Vs. quantity?

Looking for quality, otherwise I'd have a bunch of cards from random banks and store cards!

 

 

The only reason I got Amex was to do the 3x CLI soft pull, just to cross it off my bucket list. I did choose blue after looking at Amex's offering, but what do you have in mind?


Are all your card listed in your sig?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific
Posts: 264
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio


myjourney wrote:

gen-specific wrote:

rex_03 wrote:
From your portfolio have you considered a product change on the Amex Blue to a better offering revolver with a better rewards structure. Also, are you looking to improve quality Vs. quantity?

Looking for quality, otherwise I'd have a bunch of cards from random banks and store cards!

 

 

The only reason I got Amex was to do the 3x CLI soft pull, just to cross it off my bucket list. I did choose blue after looking at Amex's offering, but what do you have in mind?


Are all your card listed in your sig?


 

Hello, yes

 

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 667, EXP 658, TU 662, AVG 662 WEAK - Feb 2014
EFX 678, EXP 733, TU 691, AVG 700 GOOD - May 2014
Spree results: EFX ???, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,173
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio


gen-specific wrote:

myjourney wrote:

gen-specific wrote:

rex_03 wrote:
From your portfolio have you considered a product change on the Amex Blue to a better offering revolver with a better rewards structure. Also, are you looking to improve quality Vs. quantity?

Looking for quality, otherwise I'd have a bunch of cards from random banks and store cards!

 

 

The only reason I got Amex was to do the 3x CLI soft pull, just to cross it off my bucket list. I did choose blue after looking at Amex's offering, but what do you have in mind?


Are all your card listed in your sig?


 

Hello, yes

 


IMHO you look good don't cut any just continue what your doing it looks great...

Major bank cards a co-branded card I like your line up:smileywink:

LOC don't weigh must on a profile so if you need one then yes other than that don't stop what you doing....get it? Lol

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 902
Registered: ‎12-25-2010

Re: Beef up and prune my Credit Card/LOC portfolio

I don't really think you need anything else. You have great cards with great limits. Barring some specific reward card, any more would be for vanity IMHO....


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+