Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been awhile...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Been awhile...

I know i haven't been posting alot lately, off and on. Lot of things in personal life going on.

Christmas really hit me hard in the pockets and also ran a good bit of debt on my CC's. That's been a downer lately. Making some strides now to combat it this year. Also ended up picking up a few new accounts (Sams DC, ON upgrade, Kay's). Got the DW some nice jewelry deferred interest for a year. Not a bad deal.

Gonna try to get back into it here in the forums, I found that kept me motivated to stay on the straight and narrow with no new apps and keeping yself grounded from spending too much.Past couple months just been slipping by getting sloppy with spending, time to bring it back in and focus more on getting my scores up.

Looking forward to all of the members posts here!! Still see a lot of posters from back in the day and alot of new posters too that is awesome as well!!

Love myFICO!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Re: Been awhile...

I was just thinking of you as well as CS800 a few days ago ! While Im sure you were missed, good to hear that you are responsibly handling your post holiday debt  Smiley Wink

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 2 of 25
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Welcome back!! Just yesterday I wondered if you were still around!!

You will bounce back! Just do like me....live vicariously through everyone else's approval posts. :-D
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
Welcome back!! Just yesterday I wondered if you were still around!!

You will bounce back! Just do like me....live vicariously through everyone else's approval posts. :-D

You know I can honsetly say now I really have no interest in any more accounts. I have so many to manage it's gotten stressful and annoying at times.

I've created a plan to have all bankcards pick up 1 recurring charge and everything else goes on the AMEX charge card. Will take advantage of 5% categories for gas but other than that stick to the plan.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 25
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Welcome back LS I as well picked up a few accounts lol
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

LS,

I'm with you on being tired of managing accounts. Seven is way too many for me to worry about. In two months, I'm going to alter the rotation and only use BCP and Freedom as other's keep getting beaten into submission. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@ls we love you too! lol glad your back and i know everything will work out for you in the end!

@drkaje i feel you as well. with 10 accounts, i think im going to close a few by jan of 14, as soon as i get my amex and possibly discover. 

one good thing though is my aaoa will almost never take a giant hit untill im like 32. (21 now)(when if ever i close any accounts) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 25
adavis425
Established Contributor

Was wondering what had become of you. Welcome back! Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 8 of 25
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I admire those who juggle 5+ cards. I have 4 cards....1 that I put a recurring bill payment on and the other 3 I rotate because of the reward structure. Even these are becoming a headache.

I'm seriously considering getting out of the 'maximizing my rewards points' game because I'm tired of having to remember what to use when. My Chase has a $1k balance because I'm taking advantage of 0% promo. My Discover is at $0. And, I'm pretty much just putting my daily expenses on my Amex for the rest of Q1. Starting in April, I'll probably just roll exclusively with Discover for Q2.

Also, I've discovered that i spend more when i spread my expenses across multiple cards. Hoping to buy a 2nd home this year, so I'm trying to hoard as much $$$ as I can!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 9 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.