Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been awhile...

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: Been awhile...

I can totally understand. We sometimes need to step back & focus on the path to the yellow brick road ahead. I've been working on strategies to improve some, delete some, AVOID some...Smiley Very Happy

Take care of yourself....great to see you !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 11 of 25
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Hey LS, I to have slipped a bit and now have about $1300 in revolving balance between the Barclay, Amazon, Costco TE, and Delta gold.

Though I will be back down to 0% util by March 1st, I've been down on myself as well.  I need to remember where I was when I only had $320 in CL, and now that I have $21k, that it does not mean I can be sloppy.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 25
lithium78
Established Contributor

Welcome back, LS.  Sorry to hear about the post-holidays debt.  It can be easy to slip when you have a lot of credit available.  You've just got to remember that those aren't loan products in your wallet; they're discount cards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 25
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hey how long did you have your ON card b4 you got upgrade. what was your current CL when offered upgrade, what your new cl after upgrade. Alaso was it a hard pull?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 14 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

Glad to see you LS! Smiley Happy There doesn't seem to be many of the "old guard" left who posts here anymore.  Smiley Sad I post when the the new PSECU scores are up and there usually a total of 4 people who respond!  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 15 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thanks android!! You know sometimes I'll think about buying something big and think back to all the conversations on here with you and others about being responsible with my cards and stop myself. Its a good feeling!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 25
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Hi LS! Welcome back! I'm in the same boat.  I went a little crazy over the holidays with my spending so I'm carrying a balance on way too many of my credit cards and my utl is high right now.  I've been paying it down but I estimate it won't be until April that my scores recover.  Lesson learned. Smiley Wink 

Slowly building....
Message 17 of 25
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

It is always easy to borrow, much harder to pay back. Sometimes the old saying, "wait three days" then revisit and see if you really need that item. Many times you don't. Just helps to give you a check point before you purchase.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 18 of 25
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Welcome Back (Imagine the Kotter theme song!) 2012 was a big year for many of us. Time to get our house back in order so to speak!! Hopefully we can keep one another on track!?

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 19 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I feel I have the spending under control. Its paying down this debt this year I have to take a hard stance on. I really worry about AA a lot.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.