Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being AA'd or CLD's

tag
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Being AA'd or CLD's

So I am currently rebuilding my credit after a CH7 BK that was discharged in 07/2012.  This year, I started to establish some credit cards to get my credit back to where I want it to be.  I have applied for ALL of the cards that I want this year just to go ahead and establish them.  Now that I have all of the cards that I want, I don't plan to open anymore!  Here's the problem, after all that I've read on this forum, now I'm terrified that I'm going to get AA'd or CLD'd - especially from Barclay.  They said that I would get a CLI after 5 months, but nothing.  At this point, I'm not asking for a CLI on ANY card becasue I don't want to draw attention to any new accounts reporting.  I guess I would just like to hear everyone's experience and advice.  All of my CC's are in my sig.  If you have experience with them, let me know.  Thanks, All!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Being AA'd or CLD's

@mrsjr wrote:

So I am currently rebuilding my credit after a CH7 BK that was discharged in 07/2012.  This year, I started to establish some credit cards to get my credit back to where I want it to be.  I have applied for ALL of the cards that I want this year just to go ahead and establish them.  Now that I have all of the cards that I want, I don't plan to open anymore!  Here's the problem, after all that I've read on this forum, now I'm terrified that I'm going to get AA'd or CLD'd - especially from Barclay.  They said that I would get a CLI after 5 months, but nothing.  At this point, I'm not asking for a CLI on ANY card becasue I don't want to draw attention to any new accounts reporting.  I guess I would just like to hear everyone's experience and advice.  All of my CC's are in my sig.  If you have experience with them, let me know.  Thanks, All!

what's done is already done.

just keep your utilization low and refrain from apps for now. If they still decide to take AA against you, then there's nothing you can do about it either. Don't worry about it until it happens.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Probably would have happened if issue... Don't worry about it.
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@mrsjr wrote:

what's done is already done.

just keep your utilization low and refrain from apps for now. If they still decide to take AA against you, then there's nothing you can do about it either. Don't worry about it until it happens.

+1

Message 4 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@mrsjr wrote:

Not sure why they would have told you this. CCs never promise CLIs. Some on the forum have gotten auto-CLis from Barclay's after 6 mos or a year; however, I've had 2 Barclay's cards and never gotten any auto-CLI. It's entirely possible that you would need to request a CLI at some future time. Don't worry if you don't get one automaticallly.

As others have said, what's done is done. If you keep your util low (under 10%), you should be okay.

I wouldn't recommend getting too many store cards in the future, unless they're stores you really shop at a lot *and* there is some perk to having the store card. Too many cards will lower your AAoA, especially when you're rebuilding. Also, you'll end up with a bunch of "toy limit" cards. Best to do what you're planning and garden for the next 6 to 12 months. Then get a CLI on Barclay's.

If you've had Barclays for at least 6 mos, you could look at local CUs, or NFCU if you qualify for m'ship, and get a CC that will grow with you. Unfortunately, Cap One isn't known for being generous w/CLIs, so the only major CC you have that has any growth potential is Barclay's.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mrsjr wrote:

Here's the problem, after all that I've read on this forum, now I'm terrified that I'm going to get AA'd or CLD'd - especially from Barclay.  They said that I would get a CLI after 5 months, but nothing.

What makes you concerned?  Not getting a CLI doesn't necessarily indicate impending AA.  Maintain low levels of reported utlization and carefully garden and you should be fine.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.