Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Added to a AU Macy's Card "help"

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Being Added to a AU Macy's Card "help"

I have no store cards at all.. I only have one installment loan and 4 credit cards, but no store cards or gas cards... My girlfiend has a macy card that she missed one payment (30 days late) one time back in 06... She had it since 05 and has been perfect on all other payments on the card except for that one 30 day late in 06... If she adds me will i get a good boost for this? 5-15 points?

Thanks

Kashif

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Re: Being Added to a AU Macy's Card "help"

???

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

macy doesnt report AU ....so if she add u ..it wont show up on ur credit anyway so no boost at all

Message 3 of 5
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I heard they do, i searched around on this forum and some folks are being reported at AU. "Macy Store Card"

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - some do report AU's on Macy's - some don't.  DH is an AU on my Macy's and it doesn't show up on his reports.  However, he had a previous Macy's card (still reporting closed) which might affect how they report this account.

You'll only get FICO points if it affects your utilization or AAofA positively.

If you're wondering about the FICO score impact of adding a store account, you may find this helpful:

Guinea Pig Results 

Hope that's helpful.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.