Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Authorized User

tag
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Being Authorized User

I am a AU on my wifes Old Navy account which is about 5yrs old. That is the oldest reporting account on my CR. and my AAoA is figured with that account.  My scores are taking hits (10+) due to new accounts, and three of them haven't even reported yet...smh.   As I am done obtaining new credit for the next 6-12 mos, if she added me as a AU to her oldest account which is about 17yrs old..... will that help my AAoA. I know they changed how they factor in these things and how they effect scores

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being Authorized User

Nope. It will actually hurt to my understanding. It will only report the date you were added. Other members may disagree but that Is my experience. 

Message 2 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Yodah wrote:

I am a AU on my wifes Old Navy account which is about 5yrs old. That is the oldest reporting account on my CR. and my AAoA is figured with that account.  My scores are taking hits (10+) due to new accounts, and three of them haven't even reported yet...smh.   As I am done obtaining new credit for the next 6-12 mos, if she added me as a AU to her oldest account which is about 17yrs old..... will that help my AAoA. I know they changed how they factor in these things and how they effect scores

Thanks

@Yodah wrote:

Thanks

What's the "oldest account" type?

Message 3 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

From my experience or seeing anyways it should help. I added my sister, BF, and friend to a few of my cards and all of the history is reporting on their reports from the time of opening the card. I added them months after opening.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. It will actually hurt to my understanding. It will only report the date you were added. Other members may disagree but that Is my experience. 

If you're referring to being added as an ACM to an amex for the first time, you're right. BOA, for example, if they report for the AU, will give whole history.

Message 5 of 6
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Its a limited store card......she's had for a long time...... I have never used the Old Navy account but the balance and CL effects my UTL like its my account....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.