Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being added as an Amex AU

tag
Metsfantransplant
Valued Member

Being added as an Amex AU

Hi everyone. My brother was recently approved for the Amex Green Charge card and added me as an Authorized User. I haven't activated the card yet because I wasn't sure if it's worth having or not. I was discharged from a Ch. 7 last year (did not include Amex) and have already obtained several cards and more than enough credit to rebuild for the long term. But I was wondering if there might be any benefit or downside to being an AU on the Amex. My thinking is it will possibly give me an easier time getting in with them after several years. He is resonsible with his credit, so there shouldn't be any problems there. Any downsides? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Being added as an Amex AU

I'd keep it... since it's a charge card you don't really have to worry about his util. hurting you so I can only seeing it helping you.

and since it is just AU IF at some point it is a problem you can just dispute that it's not your account and it will be deleted.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.