Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being an auth user on capital one

tag
vtguy25
Contributor

Being an auth user on capital one

I am thinking about being an auth user in my dads capital one card it actually will be just me using this card but I am wondering how is it going to show up on my reports? Is this going to look like it is my account? I am trying to rebuild but can not get a capital one card or anything else besides first premier and I'm not going down that road again. Also can u get denied as an auth user? Thanks for any advice.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shelly313
New Contributor

Re: Being an auth user on capital one

@vtguy25 wrote:
I am thinking about being an auth user in my dads capital one card it actually will be just me using this card but I am wondering how is it going to show up on my reports? Is this going to look like it is my account? I am trying to rebuild but can not get a capital one card or anything else besides first premier and I'm not going down that road again. Also can u get denied as an auth user? Thanks for any advice.

It can help with your fico score, how long have you had FP.  You can't get denied as an AU, if I were you I would look into getting a secured card and put down some money.

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 2 of 6
vtguy25
Contributor

I don't have FP I did before my bk. I don't really want to put money down for a card I do have one credit card but it is only reporting to ex it's my milestone card by mid America bank. Just thinking with cap one I could get some results faster.
Message 3 of 6
Shelly313
New Contributor

@vtguy25 wrote:
I don't have FP I did before my bk. I don't really want to put money down for a card I do have one credit card but it is only reporting to ex it's my milestone card by mid America bank. Just thinking with cap one I could get some results faster.

Maybe you could call BOA, and ask if they can report to the other Credit Agencies.  Being an AU alone won't guarentee anything.

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@vtguy25 wrote:

Being an AU is not going to get you anywhere faster as most will exclude AUs in the decision to issue new credit. I would look into getting another card that reports to all 3 CRAs, you of course would want to apply with an EX puller if thats where your only card is reporting.

Message 5 of 6
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I have my aunt and mom as an AU on my capital one card and they have started getting offers in the mail again. Being an AU definitely does not count if you don't need to put in a social
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.