cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being an authorized user for CC. Taken off after big purchase but balance was paid.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being an authorized user for CC. Taken off after big purchase but balance was paid.

So the primary card holder made a big purchase and took me off authorized user. They figured it would hurt me being an AU while they paid down this big payment over 12 months. Primary paid it off and offered to bring me back on.

My score did go down from being removed. Should I go back on board being an AU? Or just forget it. Is it bad being added and removed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being an authorized user for CC. Taken off after big purchase but balance was paid.

It depends on the utilization of your other cards, how long your credit history is, and how long the other credit card has been around. 

Message 2 of 3
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Being an authorized user for CC. Taken off after big purchase but balance was paid.

Were you applying for other credit while they were paying off the CC? If not, seems like you just lost a year's worth of good payment history (assuming they paid on time.)

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.