Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being asked by Amex for tax return?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being asked by Amex for tax return?

At least I will have free health care by then.

Message 21 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It might be free to you but I would be paying for it and that would make me angry...
Try to stay on the legal side of the law kiddo...
I'm not sure a public forum is the place to discuss your business ideas.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 41
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
It might be free to you but I would be paying for it and that would make me angry...
Try to stay on the legal side of the law kiddo...
I'm not sure a public forum is the place to discuss your business ideas.

Which ones, webhopper?  The one about lying on the Amex credit app, or the one about reselling synthetic marijuana (conveniently edited out two minutes after I posted in message 20.)

Let's let this kid go to sleep, he's got classes in the morning, and I'm sure his friends are tired, too.

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 41
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Man I'm glad I don't have to deal with that **bleep** from AMEX.  NFCU FTW  LOL.

Message 24 of 41
FrugalRican
Blogger

@jonmartin wrote:

Man I'm glad I don't have to deal with that **bleep** from AMEX.  NFCU FTW  LOL.

I don't understand.

Kid lied on his app about his income. It's a company doing it's due diligence.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 25 of 41
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1   I'm thinking it's a good thing that they're stepping...

+1   I'm thinking it's a good thing that they're stepping in.  Maybe it will help stop you from doing something that's going to get you into quite a bit of trouble.  I'm sure you've heard the saying of what happens when you play with fire.  Put down the matches!  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 26 of 41
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: +1 I'm thinking it's a good thing that they're stepping...

People in China and Taiwan go googoogaga for Abercrombie stuff. They will order it from overseas and pay the international shipping...

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 27 of 41
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure some retailers outlaw in their corporate policies the resell of their products at a profit....

Even if that's not the case, lying to obtain credit is fraud, and you should never do that.

Sorry to hear Amex is closing you down, but you have to play by the rules... Cheatint is unacceptable, UNLESS you're Mitt Romney, but this isn't a political/business forum
Hahhahaah

:-X
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 41
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I'm pretty sure some retailers outlaw in their corporate policies the resell of their products at a profit....

There is a lawsuit going on now with a guy names Supap Kirtsaeng from Thailand and John Wiley and Sons, a text book company. He was buying the books in Thailand and selling them in the United States for a very nice profit. I do not think there are any laws against this, but some places do say that the goods are only to be distributed within the country they were purchased.

Anyway, I went through this same thing but did supply returns. They did not match stated income because income changed this year. The lady said that is fine since situations changed and the cards were opened back up to what they were. I did the same as you with charging a few thousand all of a sudden, but it was on a business card. I was under the impression with a business card they would understand that kind of spending, but I guess not.

Message 29 of 41
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Note to self: keep spending patterns "normal" lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.