cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged an annual fee a few days into opening my new BofA Secured Card? Is this normal?

tag

Being charged an annual fee a few days into opening my new BofA Secured Card? Is this normal?

So earlier this month I made my first post in regards to opening up a Bank of America Secured card and a Capital One secured. Got some good response and I was thankfully approved for both.

I've had my Bank of America Secured card for a few days now (got it on the 17th) and I find that I'm being charged the annual fee today? Now is this normal?

I was expecting to be charged once I completed my first 12 months with the card. Not this soon. I was completely taken aback from seeing the charge in my transactions.

Any information would be appreciated.

- Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Being charged an annual fee a few days into opening my new BofA Secured Card? Is this normal?

I think that's the norm. I have CapitalOne with annual fee. They charged me the annual fee a few days after activation. 

Message 2 of 6

Re: Being charged an annual fee a few days into opening my new BofA Secured Card? Is this normal?

Pheww. Thanks for the quick reply RCFL.

For a second there I thought I had done something wrong and that's why I was being charged early on. lol

Message 3 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Annual fee are charged few days after you were approved of the card.

There is no such thing as deferred annual fee.

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Annual fee are charged few days after you were approved of the card.

There is no such thing as deferred annual fee.

+1

Unless AF is explicitely waived in sign up offer, be prepared to see it on your first statement.

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CraigCreditGuy wrote:

I've had my Bank of America Secured card for a few days now (got it on the 17th) and I find that I'm being charged the annual fee today? Now is this normal?

Yes.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.