Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being removed as an AU

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Being removed as an AU

I am currently an AU on my friend's Capital One account. I plan on being removed from the account in November when I get approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred.

I've read that when you get removed as an AU, that account still stays on your CR until you dispute it with the CRBs to get it removed. If I get removed as an AU from the account, and the last statement cuts with a balance on it, will the account just stop updating every month, but have a balance reporting. Will it affect my utilization?

If it will remain on my CR without a balance, or with a balance but not affecting my utilization, I'd like to not dispute it and keep it on my CR to help with AAoA purposes.

I guess I'm looking to double dip here haha. Hopefully my question makes sense.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being removed as an AU

@SwiftTone wrote:

I am currently an AU on my friend's Capital One account. I plan on being removed from the account in November when I get approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred.

I've read that when you get removed as an AU, that account still stays on your CR until you dispute it with the CRBs to get it removed. If I get removed as an AU from the account, and the last statement cuts with a balance on it, will the account just stop updating every month, but have a balance reporting. Will it affect my utilization?

If it will remain on my CR without a balance, or with a balance but not affecting my utilization, I'd like to not dispute it and keep it on my CR to help with AAoA purposes.

I guess I'm looking to double dip here haha. Hopefully my question makes sense.

Simply dispute the account as not belonging to you and it is removed. 

Message 2 of 4
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I don't want to dispute it if it won't effect my utilization, and add to my AAoA

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Swiftone, sometimes it stays on, sometimes it doesn't. If it stays on, it will continue to report but could come off at any time. The more interesting scenario is when card is closed when someone is au on it. I think those closed card au accounts will stay on for the 10 year thing.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.