cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being responsible PAYS OFF**

tag
y0itzflip

Re: Being responsible PAYS OFF**

wow thats a lot of Apps. if i were you id just stop right there and watch ur credit scores rise. put away most of those cards and only use what u need. i made those mistakes when i was younger and im paying for it now trying to rebuild. good luck man

Message 11 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

You've got some good cards.

Now shove one of the Citi Cards, Barclays, and the GE cards in a safe and come back to them in 3-4 months. You don't want to get carried away..trust me, it happened to me when I was your age.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

thank you for your advice and guidance. i only wanted the cards so i could build history with them and start my relationships with the banks as soon as possible. 

i wont use them because i dont like spending. lol? i was going to call today but couldnt. will try again tomorrow.

anyways now that i have 12 accounts, ill wait 2 years to get out of college and apply to chase and some credit unions. maybe even get another amex, etc etc

in the garden now!!Smiley Happy

edit: citi pulled only once EQ for the 2 apps                                                                             

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Final status:

Called Lowes and they game me 3000 CL, reconed the limit and got 5000.

Called Wallmart and they said  I got approved for the Discover card with 1100 CL ... lady on the phone says I can´t recon this and have to wait 6 months.

Called Brandsmart to recon the initial 1000 CL and the lady says they don´t have credit analists.. tried with the CLI options and got denied.

Called Barclays to increase my initial CL of 2500 . . . lady said why I was requesting other credit cards wth.. stayed with 2500.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 14 of 16
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Called Barclays to increase my initial CL of 2500 . . . lady said why I was requesting other credit cards wth.. stayed with 2500.

HA HA HA!  WTH is right!

Barclays is WATCHING us!  LOL!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

My two cents...

I think while your intentions are good you are going about credit building entirely the wrong way. Having 12 credit cards at age 19 is totally unnecessary. Why are you requesting CLI's as well when you clearly do not need additional credit? Each inquiry, regardless of being approved or denied, will result in lowering your credit score. A good rule of thumb is to only apply for what you need, nothing more. While it is wise to build your credit, this can be done with 2-3 revolving accounts. YMMV but I would close half of the cards you do not need.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.