cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belk Credit Line Increase .....Customer Friendly...

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Belk Credit Line Increase .....Customer Friendly...

I just spoke to Belk to inquire about a CLI. I had to go to the supervisor as I was given bogus info on hard credit pull vs. soft credit pull. They do a hard credit pull when you initially open an account with them. They do a soft credit pull for CLI. I was able to get a CLI from $1,050 to $2,550. I know it doesn't sound like much but every little bit helps. It took some persistance because when talking with the original customer service rep, she kept saying it would be a hard pull and drop my credit score. But when I asked to speak to a supervisor, she overruled and confirmed soft credit pull. Score one for the good guys. I hope this may be of help to some of you. One small step for man, one giant leap for my FICO score!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Belk Credit Line Increase .....Customer Friendly...

If you manage your account online and have good history w/ them they will do soft pulls up to a certain amount.
Message 2 of 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I know this is a VERY old thread, and mods, I'm sorry; but this was exactly what I was searching for and hoping to find.

Soft pulls for CLI request.

I'll call them in a couple of months and try and get a supervisor on the phone to re-confirm, then request.  I've had them since 08 or 08 and been sitting on a $500 CL and use it every month and PIF every month (which they may NOT like..)

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

I know this is a VERY old thread, and mods, I'm sorry; but this was exactly what I was searching for and hoping to find.

Soft pulls for CLI request.

I'll call them in a couple of months and try and get a supervisor on the phone to re-confirm, then request.  I've had them since 08 or 08 and been sitting on a $500 CL and use it every month and PIF every month (which they may NOT like..)

There's nothing at all wrong with resurrecting an older thread. The only problem is that information/names/links/advice/suggestions can and do change frequently and something you read from almost 4 years ago can easily misinform you today.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.