Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belk

tag
Kenniebee
Established Member

Belk

How difficult is it to get a Belk credit card in NC? Does anyone know what CB they pull and what the minimum score and income is that they require? I have no bankruptcies, but plenty of medical charge offs due to a lifelong disease. Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: Belk

Kenniebee wrote:
How difficult is it to get a Belk credit card in NC? Does anyone know what CB they pull and what the minimum score and income is that they require? I have no bankruptcies, but plenty of medical charge offs due to a lifelong disease. Thanks!

I'm in SC and got a Belk card with a 511 EQ score about 2 months ago with a $500 CL.  Hope this help.  JC Penney gave me a $1000 CL with the same EQ score around the same time.  Go figure!
Message 2 of 10
Kenniebee
Established Member

Thanks for the reply. I did apply online and got a message that I would be contacted with a decision via my email address (if I included one on the online application) or via USPS if I didn't. I am assuming that means a denial. : ( Maybe I should move to SC. lolol
Message 3 of 10
Kenniebee
Established Member

Oh, the message I received did say I would be contacted in 4-5 days rather than the dreaded 7-10. Don't know if that makes any difference or not. Do companies even do instant denials online anymore or do they all just say they will respond in 7-10 (or 4-5) days?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know nothing about this company- but just about everyone is doing manual reviews now a days.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI...Belk is a department store like similar to Dillard's or Macy's. Their credit cards are issued through GE Money Bank (GEMB); so are JC Penney's. They are pretty lenient, I still have a couple COs and a dismissed ch13 on my TU and EQ. I did get approved for $500 CL once my identity was confirmed. Scores on the bottom. Wish I could get a JC Penney. Only up from here! BTW...I live in TN, I know they checked my EQ, not sure about others. I have a fraud alert on my EX.

Message Edited by lessons_learned on 09-19-2008 04:53 PM
Message 6 of 10
adamseve
Established Contributor

Kenniebee wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I did apply online and got a message that I would be contacted with a decision via my email address (if I included one on the online application) or via USPS if I didn't. I am assuming that means a denial. : ( Maybe I should move to SC. lolol

You should probably call their credit dept to find out the status.  Here's the number:  800-669-6550.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a $250 CL for Belk and I owed GEMB $700 through Dillard's and Wal-Mart 8 years ago.  Not hard at all.
Message 8 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

I have a $6,000 CL Belk credit card. It really is a good card. Do not ever carry a balance because the interest rates are very high.The rewards on this card amount to 2.5% so I will use this card when shopping at Belk as opposed to another rewards card. I do always pay in full.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was skeptical at what I would find in Belk, but they have really good deals on Fridays and Saturdays.  Plus, this week I looked at my statement and I had a $250 CLI and I didn't even ask.  Yay, me!  I got a $125 leather jacket for $51 yesterday after using a 15% off certificate and the sale price.  I'm paying that off so I don't pay interest on that keeper.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.