Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Chase's Arms

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Bend Chase's Arms

I believe I'm inside 5/24 rule. But I still applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card, since I do not have it. After about 5 days, I called them. I was told the app was declined. No surprise. So I spoke to the credt analyst and explained the situation that this is the only card I do not have. He said he can't extend more credit, but can move credit from other card. So I moved $10 CL from another Chase card to this one. I still get welcome kit.

With the UR unlimited, I'm set for a long time. I'm going to get them aged. Time to put on something on those cards....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bend Chase's Arms

Just to be clear, the analyst approved you application for the $10k that you moved over? I tried to recon on the AARP visa this way, because I am trying to get rid of my AF cards, and they said this could not be done. 

Message 2 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Yes, approved. He complained I have had so much activities recently. But he did suggest to move the CL from other cards and I'm more than happy to do so.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Yes, approved. He complained I have had so much activities recently. But he did suggest to move the CL from other cards and I'm more than happy to do so.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I will attempt recon again tomorrow... maybe I got someone who didn't know this was possible! Do you mind PM'ing me or posting which specific backdoor number you called? 

Message 4 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I just called the regular Freedom customer service. Then asked about the app status. He transferred internally.

I can easily convert my 2nd Freedom to Unlimited. But I prefer to get the signon bonus. My FICO may drop, but I just do not care.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.