Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit of student credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Benefit of student credit card?

Since I just re-enrolled (full time) in college again, I realized that opens up the eligibility for student credit cards for me. However, I'm wondering if there's any actual benefit to applying for one? For example, applying for Citi Forward for College Students vs the regular Citi Forward. I know that's one of the cards that doesn't require any co-signers, for example. Since I'm an adult student I have my own income and all that, applying with my own income isn't the issue - but I'm just wondering if there's any benefits (at least approval / credit limit wise) in applying for one of the student cards?

I was just going to apply for a new card in January once I have a handful of my current inquiries stop counting, but since I'll be enrolled full-time by then, I realized I could be shopping around for student cards too.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Benefit of student credit card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I just re-enrolled (full time) in college again, I realized that opens up the eligibility for student credit cards for me. However, I'm wondering if there's any actual benefit to applying for one? For example, applying for Citi Forward for College Students vs the regular Citi Forward. I know that's one of the cards that doesn't require any co-signers, for example. Since I'm an adult student I have my own income and all that, applying with my own income isn't the issue - but I'm just wondering if there's any benefits (at least approval / credit limit wise) in applying for one of the student cards?

I was just going to apply for a new card in January once I have a handful of my current inquiries stop counting, but since I'll be enrolled full-time by then, I realized I could be shopping around for student cards too.

None.  I think they're just easier to get approved for in most cases.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.