Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of NFCU and USAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Benefits of NFCU and USAA

@drewrico wrote:

See, I cant join NFCU so cant take advantage of the oppurtunities there.

Sorry most who can join USAA, and penfed can join NFCU. Can't say enough good things about them.

Yes I will be getting rid of my First Premier card, but Im in the middle of my Mortgage refi and don't want to change anything until that is done.

Message 21 of 36
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@Fenerbahce wrote:
I'm a member of NFCU and PenFed...I recommend PenFed all the way...the others just don't compare...and I have some good cards to compare with.

If your credit is less then perfect you cant compete with NFCU

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 22 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

PenFed cards seem to offer better rewards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

PenFed cards seem to offer better rewards.

Their underwriting criteria is also much, much higher than either NFCU's or even USAA's.  Also with regards to USAA, granted it's variable with any insurance (full member of course) I knocked 100/month off what others were offering.  Wish I had kept them all these years, would've saved a non-trivial amount of cash.  They are one of the best insurance providers out there in my estimation.

Swap: if you go through the mortgage process with USAA, would you let me know how it turns out please?

        
Message 24 of 36
chris288
Regular Contributor

For me NFCU and USAA were easy.... High credit limits.... NFCU = 25k opening credit line... USAA- 20k opening line.  No docs, no questions.  Love them both!   For example... Penfed opening line 20k, dropped to 1k when i received the card, Cabela's 3700 opening line dropped to 500.00 with a 10%uti after 6months, Associated CCU opening line 12.5k dropped to $2500.

I love NFCU and USAA!!

Message 25 of 36
drewrico
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

Sorry most who can join USAA, and penfed can join NFCU. Can't say enough good things about them.

Yes I will be getting rid of my First Premier card, but Im in the middle of my Mortgage refi and don't want to change anything until that is done.

I joined PenFed with a voices for the troops membership and i somehow joined USAA, dont really know.

Message 26 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

I joined PenFed with a voices for the troops membership and i somehow joined USAA, dont really know.

I think USAA banking products are open to everyone.

Auto insurance on the other hand can be a bit tricky to get.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 27 of 36
drewrico
New Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

I applied for the USAA Visa and was denied. It was however right after i opened my account. Although I have two discover cards and a cap1 card they still denied me. oh well.

Message 28 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

I applied for the USAA Visa and was denied. It was however right after i opened my account. Although I have two discover cards and a cap1 card they still denied me. oh well.

Do you have a decent length of history on those accounts and limits higher than the minimum of the product you are applying for?

Message 29 of 36
drewrico
New Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

Do you have a decent length of history on those accounts and limits higher than the minimum of the product you are applying for?

Unfortunately no.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.