Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of Navy Federal Credit Union?

tag
MT936
Established Contributor

Benefits of Navy Federal Credit Union?

My sister recently got married and through her husband she is now a member of nfcu which now puts me up for eligibility. I am definitely interested and plan on applying for one of their credit cards for their generous limits and CLIs but besides that are there any other benefits i should know about? Are their loan rates very competetive compared to other banks? Are there certain things you like about nfcu that i should know about? I am really interested to know how good their auto and mortgage rates are compared to the competition

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Benefits of Navy Federal Credit Union?

Home loan was about .35% lower than market average. APR and rate were even the same! Even with less than stellar credit. If I had great credit it would have been even lower.

Bottom line, I couldn't beat it if I had to, loved every bit of Navy during the loan process aswell.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If nothing else just establish membership while you're eligible.

Message 3 of 4
MT936
Established Contributor

That's good to hear @TheGardner
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.