Frequent Contributor
Laugh

Re: Benefits of high Credit LImits?

While I also believe that it's more of a convenience factor, I can't help but wonder if an analyst will be more likely to give a high limit if the applicant already has a high limit card.

I, for one, would be more incline to lend 5k to someone if another person of status did so already. Now by "more incline", I don't mean 100% because individual to individual is a lot riskier. In this situation, banks are doing the lending so a bank may feel that another bank has done its homework when it decided to give an applicant 5k of credit.

That's my take.
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+