Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bes Buy CLI HP TU!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Bes Buy CLI HP TU!?

I didn't know Best Buy pulled TU for CLI requests!

Hear is to hoping I get something! just got the alert but nothing showing yet and no letter online for denial either.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Bes Buy CLI HP TU!?

Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
PNut08
New Contributor

When citi took over, I pushed the CLI button and asked for 2k. I didn't realize that it was a HP and I don't remember a little pop up telling me it was going to be a HP at the time. Oh well. My CLI was approved and the only way I found out about it was the next time I logged into my account. If I remember correctly, the increase happened within a couple of days but I didn't receive any formal notification that they approved it. GL!

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Before I loose my temper with "Peggy" with citi is it possible to recon this card and cli because. The number on my letter. Took me to a non English Peggy who transferred me to another better non English speaking Peggy who repeat over and over the same thing.
Message 4 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

37 minutes I got from Idaho to Maryland and she was better... Couldn't help but that's okay, just wanted to speak with someone that knew what a credit report was other than what the script told them and she says "most" best buy call centers are now based in US so I applaud that too.

TU 634
Message 5 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1 other thing... last lady I spoke with tried to tell me "Due to Government regulations they are REQUIRED to pull a hard pull on credit report for all credit line increase requests"

I was like "That is absolutely NOT true"

Message 6 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So far it appears most folks have reported a HP for a CLI on their Best Buy CCs (unless it was auto-CLI).  However, the jury's still out on whether they also pull TU since Citi's retail arm typically pulls EQ, but not always.

While the representative may have quoted their current policy (and whether you may agree or disagree with it), ANY creditor reserves the right to review your CRs under the FCRA (permissible purpose) - section 604(c).  Such section doesn't provide any disctinction of whether HP or SP, that's within the lender's discretion.

Message 7 of 16
PNut08
New Contributor

I understand whether they SP or HP is at the lender's discretion. However, I do feel that if they do a HP from an online luv button that they should be required to inform you specifically that it will be a HP. I hardly use my best buy card and I would have not asked for a CLI if I had known it was a HP.

Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PNut08 wrote:

I understand whether they SP or HP is at the lender's discretion. However, I do feel that if they do a HP from an online luv button that they should be required to inform you specifically that it will be a HP. I hardly use my best buy card and I would have not asked for a CLI if I had known it was a HP.

Citi's CCs (including their retail branded cards) will inform you of that step, sometimes not until the final step is completed - they are not required (by law) to provide any distinction of any SP or HP outcome.  The standard disclosure (By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history) still covers either outcome since you are still requesting an extension of credit. 

In instances where you have been pre-qualified or elegible to obtain a CLI via the SP method, Citi will confirm this online that it will not have any impact/effect on your credit profile.

Message 9 of 16
negg
Frequent Contributor

@creditaddict. That's just wrong. I had a BofA rep tell me it's federal law that they must use a HP for CLI. Advised him Amex and disc give out CLI without a HP! Told me they where breaking the law and they will get caught. What CSR will say.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.