Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Besides AMEX, who else backdates?

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

Besides AMEX, who else backdates?

The Subject says it all. If you've had success with backdating, let us know your story.

Thanks in advance.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Besides AMEX, who else backdates?

No one that I know of and sometimes not even Amex.

In my case Amex doesn't backdate. I had a gold card from 1975, closed on good terms back around 1982. Amex won't backdate me. They looked up my Amex card number and no record of me. Worse, they have recycled it and now it belongs to someone else.

Sigh.  Would love to have a 37 y/o line.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

cnc,

Did you request an archive search?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

cnc,

Did you request an archive search?

No. They initially searched my name and ss# then tried searching the card number.  Who do you have to talk to for an archive search and what is that?

I don't have the account number, just a canceled check for the AF circa 1977 where I wrote in the card number.  All other records long gone.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

CNC,

I escalated to a supervisor and was told the only way to find an old account was archive search. They have paper records basically dating back to day one. You have to cactch them during regular business hours, though.

My number had also been retired and they had no records on-line. Smiley Happy I even had the old, paid bills and acct# but the CSR couldn't help. Got an archive search and later that night my card was backdated to '95.

Message 5 of 8
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks drkaje,

I haven't heard of any other issuer that backdates. I wish WF did. My WF debit card says "customer since 1977!"  CC says 2009.

Message 6 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

No one. Technically, Amex isn't even backdating. They don't call it that. They are just using the date/year that you first became a member. I, too, wish others would do this. I noticed that either Chase or Citi referred to me as a member, but they don't report the member since date like Amex. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Good luck, cnc!

The people were pretty easy to work with. They don't call back, though. If you're found in the archive they simply update member since information.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.