cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Besides the Centurion, whats the toughest card to get?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Besides the Centurion, whats the toughest card to get?

@fused wrote:

SimmonsFirst Bank, check-out the app.

http://www.simmonsfirst.com/creditcards/visaplatinum.asp

Message Edited by fused on 10-26-2008 11:54 AM

That's more detail than my wife and I had to provide when we applied for our mortgage -- and the rate isn't even all that special at 7.99% (my Chase card has a lower APR).

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 16
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

If you mean this one http://www.mastercard.com/tt/personal/en/findacard/credit_cards/black/black_card.html

than my Saks Elite MC is pretty much similar.

With all due respect, they're not even in the same league.  Read up on who qualifies for the Mastercard Black....definitely a few MAJOR notches above that HSBC offered card.  MC intends for that to compete directly with the Centurion.   

Message 12 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MeganML84 wrote:

We all know the housing market has hit a major crisis, and guys, it's going to hit the credit card markets SOON. The days of easy credit/high credit lines are over.

I agree 100%! I have FICO's in the 790's, a 128.1K in available credit and util at 2.9%, and I fully expect to lose at the very least half of my avialable credit. Fine with me and better for the economy.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back on topic I wasn't very impressed with the Mastercard black. Heck half the cards in my wallet are black. The benefits are not that great.

You could get better cards. Just a couple of cards from other banks would get you more than the MC black.

A MC World Elite-- Virtuoso travel service, concierge by Vipdesk, no preset limit--a rare card, esp the Ameriprise(which is hard to get).--Lets not forget full Priority Pass membership.

BoA Visa sig--2 concierge. The myconcierge service backed by Les Concierge and the Visa sig concierge provided by Mondial. Plus free access to the Zagat survey.

Citi-Prof has some serious benefits.

The Merrill + card---yeah it's black and uses the same concierge as Amex Plat and Centurian(circles).

As for running Money through a card. My Plum card seems to be truelly limitless.

Rewards programs. There're so many what card doesn't have one these days?

Need Primary rental Ins or access to private gold courses? Diners club Carte Blanc--Diners is actually the hardest card to get for anyone without Millions in the bank.

Lowest apr? The Nordy Visa sig. Fed cuts rates 1/2 precent Wed and the card will be down to a 4% apr. What card beats that?

I turned down Amex Plat and Citi Chairman. Only worth the money if you need SPG gold or Hilton HHonors gold. Otherwise why bother with a $500.00 annual fee? Yes i did get the Chairman invitation in the mail. No I was NOT impressed. I'd like to see a truelly impressive card now.

Message 14 of 16
dizzier
Established Contributor

@MeganML84 wrote:

@ma_fico wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but if you can prove income and your CR's look good - who would provide all of this (Note I was wrong, and it's for $15k and above)?

FINANCIAL CONDITION (for credit lines over $15,000)

ASSETS DOLLARS LIABILITIES DOLLARS

CASH $ , , SECURED DEBT DUE BANKS $ , ,

CASH VALUE LIFE INSURANCE $ , , UNSECURED DEBT DUE BANK $ , ,

LISTED SECURITIES $ , , CASH VALUE INSURANCE LOANS $ , ,

UNLISTED SECURITIES $ , , ACCRUED TAXES $ , ,

REAL ESTATE OWNED $ , , REAL ESTATE MORTGAGES $ , ,

REAL ESTATE - PARTIAL INTEREST $ , , REAL ESTATE PARTIAL- INTEREST $ , ,

ACCOUNTS/NOTES RECEIVABLE $ , , SECURED DEBT DUE OTHERS $ , ,

AUTOMOBILES $ , , UNSECURED DEBT DUE OTHERS $ , ,

PERSONAL PROPERTY $ , ,

OTHER ASSETS - ITEMIZED

_________________________________ $ , ,

_________________________________ $ , , TOTAL LIABILITIES $ , ,

_________________________________ $ , , NET WORTH $ , ,

TOTAL ASSETS $ , , TOTAL LIABILITIES & NET WORTH $ , ,

INCOME SOURCE ANNUAL

SALARY $ , ,

BONUS/COMMISSIONS $ , ,

DIVIDENDS/INTEREST $ , ,

REAL ESTATE INCOME $ , ,

TOTAL INCOME $ , ,

PAYMENT PROTECTION PLAN

This program makes a monthly benefit payment if you, the Primary Applicant, become totally disabled, involuntarily unemployed or take an unpaid leave of absence for more than 30 consecutive days. It also pays the balance on your account at the time of loss or $5,000 ($10,000 for Platinum Cardholders), whichever is less, if you or your insured Co-Applicant should die. The cost is 65¢ per $100 of your ending monthly balance and is included on your billing

I would assume someone coming to this bank either 1) is in debt up to their eyeballs with all the other major creditors and needs some quick funds 2) doesn't realize they have the income TO qualify with major creditors or 3) is probably trying to rebuild from some bad credit mistakes but has the income to trump their reports.

Either way I don't blame the bank for requiring this info. I work at a bank myself and have witnessed customers coming in to make a run on their accounts, withdraw cash in their safe deposit boxes, max out their credit lines/cards and plan to make a run for Mexico.

We all know the housing market has hit a major crisis, and guys, it's going to hit the credit card markets SOON. The days of easy credit/high credit lines are over.

This is NOT a subprime lender or a subprime card; therefore, all three of these points are moot. The SimmonsFirst card is only for people with immaculate credit and high income.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 16
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Simmons First is uber prime and very hard to get. It is consistently on lists of lowest cost cards to have.

The only card I ever had once upon a time and no longer do is my Diners Club. It was a sad day when that one bit the dust!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.