Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best AmEX card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best AmEX card?

I could use some advice. I went on a bit of an app spree in June , and I got the BCE from Amex with a credit line of $20,000, and did a balance transfer of 7000 from another card. I wanted to open another Amex card to use for everyday spending , since the BCE is already on back burner so I can pay down the Transfer. My credit is clean : 730-750 FICO range. 5 recent INQ and 3 new accts. Would this be a smart move? Likely approval?? I heard if you already have a card and they deny you another, there is not a 2nd hard pull. Experience with this? Thanks!
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best AmEX card?

Does another Amex card make sense for your spending? Points and annual fees if applicable? I don't see them giving you more than your current Amex card. If you find it to be a true fit, good for it. Denied no hard pull. Approved yes hard pull.

The everyday card is a good revolver.
Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I could use some advice. I went on a bit of an app spree in June , and I got the BCE from Amex with a credit line of $20,000, and did a balance transfer of 7000 from another card. I wanted to open another Amex card to use for everyday spending , since the BCE is already on back burner so I can pay down the Transfer. My credit is clean : 730-750 FICO range. 5 recent INQ and 3 new accts. Would this be a smart move? Likely approval?? I heard if you already have a card and they deny you another, there is not a 2nd hard pull. Experience with this? Thanks!

Thats a YMMV thing. - See blue.  What card are you going for and what other cards do you have? As for whether it is a smart move is for you to decide by answering if the card you are appying for fits into your "everyday spending category".

Or you can post what that spending category entails and people can suggest other cards that will work best for you.

Message 3 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Black, Platinum, and PR Gold Cards. Those are the best cards AMEX offers to cardholders. 

Message 4 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDP and PRG for building travel points.

Message 5 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several other cards, from 16 years ago B of A Cash Rewards is my oldest. I also have Chase Hyatt and Freedom and last month I added Barclay cashforward and Citi diamond preferred. However none of these help with flights rewards, which is what I'm looking for, but I don't use a particular airline so I want general travel rewards- I was thinking the Amex everyday can be redeemed for flights. Thoughts?
Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waverider which one is PRG?
Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't just look at points when deciding on an AMEX card, you also have to look at the benefits of the card. 

Message 8 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't just look at points when deciding on an AMEX card, you also have to look at the benefits of the card. 

That's common sense.

Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions, I am new to Amex , so I am just wondering about their travel . if anyone has booked travel with them, is it worth the annual fee for the bigger point cards? I don't need access to lounges or platinum seats.. but I would like discounts on tickets.
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.