Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BOA Credit Card?

tag
SSF
Established Member

Best BOA Credit Card?

I currently have 2 BOA airline cards, an Alaskan and US Air. I no longer use the US Air and would like to do a product change to another BOA card.

My credit is good so it shouldn't be an issue, although we just bought a house so I haven't looked at the score changes yet.

What are the best BOA card I should be looking at?

I really don't need another "points/rewards card" I use my NFCU for that as well as to carry any balances at 8.9%.

I think I'd prefer a cash back card but am open to anything without an AF.

Thoughts?

Message Edited by SSF on 08-14-2008 11:11 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Best BOA Credit Card?

SSF wrote:
I currently have 2 BOA airline cards, an Alaskan and US Air. I no longer use the US Air and would like to do a product change to another BOA card.

My credit is good so it shouldn't be an issue, although we just bought a house so I haven't looked at the score changes yet.

What are the best BOA card I should be looking at?

I really don't need another "points/rewards card" I use my NFCU for that as well as to carry any balances at 8.9%.

I think I'd prefer a cash back card but am open to anything without an AF.

Thoughts?

Message Edited by SSF on 08-14-2008 11:11 AM

Their new AmEx Accelerated Cash Rewards card seems to be fairly popular around here, right now. Smiley Happy  I'm trying to wangle a product change to it, myself, right now. 

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 4
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I just product changed from my BofA Asiana Airlines card to the WorldPoints MC. My main requirement was a card with no AF, too. It took a few calls to get to someone who would do it, as I kept getting told that travel cards couldn't be changed. So be persistent if you are told the same. The BofA AmEx is popular and offers rewards without an AF, so that might be a good option. BofA offers tons of cards, though, so check out their website.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you looking for in a card? Cash back - other rewards?

I recommend looking at:

BoA Amex Accelerated Rewards for cash back (1.25%)

BoA/FIA Fidelity for up to 1.5% cash back into a Fidelity account (so have to have an account with them to get beyond a 1% return)

BoA/FIA Merrill + (no need for an account with them) - points system w/ some conceirge service. Their best benefit is 25k points for a $500 plane ticket intl or domestic at any time.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.