Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BT card for me - UPDATED

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Best BT card for me - UPDATED

I have some credit cards that I need to consolidate into a BT.

My scores are TU 665 EX 680 & EQ 660. All Fico except EX. That's discover.

I need to BT about $3000. My highest limit on my cards are $1500. I have 1 year aaoa.

I have 10 inquiries 75% of them are auto.
Most recent inquiry was in June.

Do u think I have any chance of getting a BT card & who should I try to apply with?

Any advice would be wonderful

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best BT card for me??

chase slate has no bt fee and 0% for 15 months, doesn't hurt to try

Message 2 of 32
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

chase slate has no bt fee and 0% for 15 months, doesn't hurt to try

+1 best BT card at the moment

Go for Chase Slate.

You will likely need to recon and explain the auto INQ's

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 32
remarc
Regular Contributor

I already have a freedom, would that increase or decrease my chances? My current UTI is 34% with my debt to income ratio being 7%
Message 4 of 32
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@remarc wrote:
I already have a freedom, would that increase or decrease my chances? My current UTI is 34% with my debt to income ratio being 7%

As long as you have been a good customer I don’t think it would lower your odds of getting it. I say this because I’m now on my 5th Amex. If you want that card you should be good.

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

just so you know, you wouldnt be able to transfer anything from the freedom to the slate

Message 6 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Try AMEX Clear too. They have no BT transfer fees as well. Not sure what your credit needs to look like to get approved for one of these cards tho.

Also, to the OP, you can not BT a card balance with the same bank. You can't take a balance from Freedom to Slate. You would have to take your balance to another bank altogether. Just an FYI.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wait... Does Amex Clear have a 0% bt option?!!!

Hm!!

Yeah, usually you can't bt between accts with the same bank.

Ime, most Barclay's card have great rewards, and loooong bt offers, and are GREAT with recons! I got a Travelocity Amex witg 0% for 12 mos I think, and I got my limit up to $6500 on recon to accomodate about $5000 of bal xfers.

So I'd try Barclay's with your scores. I feel like Citi is out, Chase is a no go, and maybe you could app for Discover Motiva (0% for 15 mos).

Most Barclay's cards have bt options: Williams Sonoma, Trav Amex, Priceline Visa, etc. Even if you don't like the specific rewards of the card, it's worth the bal xfer options. To top it off, they usually give you $50-100+ sign up bonuses in the form of points or rewards. I paid a 3% bal xfer fee, but I also got most of that back in rewards, which I used to stay at The Hilton for a weekend haha!

Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wait... Does Amex Clear have a 0% bt option?!!!

Yes.

AMEX CLEAR CARD FEATURES
No Annual Fee

Plus the flexibility to pay over time.

Clear and Simple

No annual fee, no late fees, no balance transfer fees, no overlimitfees, and no cash advance fees.

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Clear/25330

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh wow!! That's a good deal... And to think I only liked the card bc it was pretttty loll

But per the T&C, the balance transfer rate is still 17.24, 20.24, or 22.24, not 0%. only purchases are 0% for 6 mos. At least, that's what I see on my end :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.