Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BT card for me - UPDATED

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Best BT card for me??

It says 0% intro APR for 12 months. It doesn't have a section from BT APR. I assume it's included in the 12 month offer. Will have to look further into that.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 32
remarc
Regular Contributor

I don't need to BT my chase freedom. It's at 0. I'm worried at Barclays will be concerned about my inquirers & UTI.
I want to shut my BBRWZ MasterCard. Holds $495 balance & I want to transfer my Capitol one balance of $500 along with my discover balance.

I've appd for Amex before. Always gets denied. Not sure my scores are high enough anyway for Amex.
Message 12 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I don't need to BT my chase freedom. It's at 0. I'm worried at Barclays will be concerned about my inquirers & UTI.
I want to shut my BBRWZ MasterCard. Holds $495 balance & I want to transfer my Capitol one balance of $500 along with my discover balance.

I've appd for Amex before. Always gets denied. Not sure my scores are high enough anyway for Amex.

Why not just called Chase and request a CLI stating you'd like to do a balance transfer. They will usually approve it for this.

Moved your MC balance, CAP1, Discover balances to freedom since you are in 0% APR mode.

It doesn't look good if you're apping and floating multiple balances.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 32
remarc
Regular Contributor

I understand that. But is that not the point of a BT? I just want to move the cards that currently hold a balance.

Chase & citi will both want a hard pull to increase my CLI & I'm not sure they will go higher than my current limit of $1500.

I have no offers for BT's on my citi or freedom
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

app for the chase slate, recon if necessary, ask them to use same hp for cli for your other balances.

amex clear only has 12 months 0% apr on purchases

Message 15 of 32
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Chase Slate is great for BT ... and my Barclay Frontier card also had had a nice long BT 0% time frame.

but what I havent seen mentioned is a credit union... my credit union visa (alliant) has 15 month zero interest BT.. with NO transfer fee.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 16 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, Amex isn't a card to bt with. You should know that maidengirl!! Lol if you could get the Chase Slate with bt checks, then you could write yourself a check, deposit it into your checking acct., and distribute the funds accordingly.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 32
remarc
Regular Contributor

So i applied for the Chase Slate and it said it needed further review. I called the automated number and it said the same thing.. U guys think its a deniel?

Should i try for Barcalys or just wait and see what happens?  Now ive taken a hard pull im going to ask them to use that to increase my credit limit on my chase freedom card.. good idea that 

Message 18 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Call Chase recon number. and app for Barclay's. Now if you've applied for a lot of credit recently or opened a lot of new accounts, don't do it. Imo, it's better to app for accts on the same day, so the opposing creditors do not see it right away. Lol but as an fyi, they'll be softing your reports a few days after as well as from now on, assuming you're approved.

So call Chase recon first-if approved, don't app for Barclay's. And if Chase approves you, be sure to ask for a limit that will accomodate your bal xfers.

Hope this helps, of course you do not have to follow my advice; I am just lending my experience to you.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 32
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Oh wow!! That's a good deal... And to think I only liked the card bc it was pretttty loll

But per the T&C, the balance transfer rate is still 17.24, 20.24, or 22.24, not 0%. only purchases are 0% for 6 mos. At least, that's what I see on my end :-)

+1

Per the terms the card has no BT offer.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.