Regular Contributor
remarc

Re: Best BT card for me??

[ Edited ]

I apped for Barclays US dividend miles card. Was approved. But... Wait for it. $1000 seems like that's the magic number. I asked for more but the guy said he was only going to match my discover as he said my citi card was showing a 90% Balance. I said hold on. I've paid that when is this credit report from? He says possible a few weeks now. I told him its all paid & at 0 balance at it should of been reported now as my statement date was the 12 of October. He said its staying at $1000.

Little gutted they couldn't match my other cards or higher. He said try back in a few months.

Another thing. I called chase & asked about the BT & possible increase to match my freedom card. They said it would be another HP and also informed me that I have no BT offer & no introduction rate at 0%. That can't be right??
I called back up & another CSR said it takes 48 hours to show the offers??
What's going on here??

I also asked about a CLI on my freedom with that HP & he said its not possible.

Can someone advise me what to do?

I got two cards. Both we too small limits to do any BT & not even to even buy my flight ticket to the UK so I can go see my family.

It seems all confusing to me.

Help

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: Best BT card for me??

eeekkk, looks like you got bamboozled....

hm. I know it does take a while for the 0% apr offers to show up. Mine didn't show up on Freedom for a day or two.....

but call Barclay's again... the backdoor num and try to get a cli. I think the reps make the decision as to whether or not you get a hard or sp. Your util on that one card could be hurting you... but with most credit anaylysts, ymmv. I think it depends on their moods.. LOL I've had really nice ones, and I've had really bad ones....

maybe just call a time or two more lol Just tell them you really are wanting to pay down your debt and need a higher limit to satisfy your balance transfers (basically consolidating your cc debt).

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+