Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

Re: Best BT card for me??

[ Edited ]

I apped for Barclays US dividend miles card. Was approved. But... Wait for it. $1000 seems like that's the magic number. I asked for more but the guy said he was only going to match my discover as he said my citi card was showing a 90% Balance. I said hold on. I've paid that when is this credit report from? He says possible a few weeks now. I told him its all paid & at 0 balance at it should of been reported now as my statement date was the 12 of October. He said its staying at $1000.

Little gutted they couldn't match my other cards or higher. He said try back in a few months.

Another thing. I called chase & asked about the BT & possible increase to match my freedom card. They said it would be another HP and also informed me that I have no BT offer & no introduction rate at 0%. That can't be right??
I called back up & another CSR said it takes 48 hours to show the offers??
What's going on here??

I also asked about a CLI on my freedom with that HP & he said its not possible.

Can someone advise me what to do?

I got two cards. Both we too small limits to do any BT & not even to even buy my flight ticket to the UK so I can go see my family.

It seems all confusing to me.

Help

Senior Contributor

Re: Best BT card for me??

eeekkk, looks like you got bamboozled....

hm. I know it does take a while for the 0% apr offers to show up. Mine didn't show up on Freedom for a day or two.....

but call Barclay's again... the backdoor num and try to get a cli. I think the reps make the decision as to whether or not you get a hard or sp. Your util on that one card could be hurting you... but with most credit anaylysts, ymmv. I think it depends on their moods.. LOL I've had really nice ones, and I've had really bad ones....

maybe just call a time or two more lol Just tell them you really are wanting to pay down your debt and need a higher limit to satisfy your balance transfers (basically consolidating your cc debt).

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.