Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BT card recommendations???

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Best BT card recommendations???

I've been looking at the Citi Diamond Preferred or the Citi Simplicity...is one tougher to qualify for than the other? I can't seem to find what their requirements are before taking the plunge and app'ing.

Any other cards you'd suggest?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Best BT card recommendations???

Chase slate...no fee

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 13
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

+1 for Slate.  I've been eyeing that and the Freedom for some time.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 3 of 13
melbaro
New Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Chase slate...no fee

+1

Message 4 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@RW771 wrote:

I've been looking at the Citi Diamond Preferred or the Citi Simplicity...is one tougher to qualify for than the other? I can't seem to find what their requirements are before taking the plunge and app'ing.

Any other cards you'd suggest?

try whogavemecredit.com

They can give you a list of who gave who credit....

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Slate.  I've been eyeing that and the Freedom for some time.

The freedom has BT fee's while the slate does not.

Get the slate for the BT and get a separate card for rewards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 13
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Chase slate...no fee

I thought about that one too...dang. I went ahead and applied online for the Chase Simplicity and was denied...even called the backdoor number and told I was denied Smiley Sad

I want to try with Chase since I already have the Freedom card but scared I might get denied again? Are they easier to get approved through than Citi? I guess I thought since I have a HD card (backed by Citi) with a 3K limit that I might have a chance with getting approved. I know that's just 1 denial, I don't want to go app crazy but don't want to give up just after this one either ( I know Citi is a tough one).

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 7 of 13
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Oh yea...and I forgot to mention I HATE EX. I realllly hate the fact that you don't truly know where you stand with them either until you have to apply for credit like you can with TU & EQ.

Edited to fix typo.

Message 8 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Personally if someone can get it, I'd suggest NFCU (any of their cards, usually the Platinum gives good limits I guess), they offer a 0% no fee BT deal around the holidays usually.  

Other one that comes to mind is Discover, usually they offer 18 months (or 15, I'd have to check) but with a fee.  I think they're easier to get as well as deal with than Chase or Citi.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 13
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Personally if someone can get it, I'd suggest NFCU (any of their cards, usually the Platinum gives good limits I guess), they offer a 0% no fee BT deal around the holidays usually.  

Other one that comes to mind is Discover, usually they offer 18 months (or 15, I'd have to check) but with a fee.  I think they're easier to get as well as deal with than Chase or Citi.

Can anyone become a member of NFCU or do you have to be former/active military?? I'm scared to try Discover either...worried it will be another denial Smiley Sad

I literally lost sleep over getting denied for the Citi Simplicity...not sure why it's bothering me so bad but I have got to find a way to transfer some of these balances! I'm itching to try for the Chase Slate...does anyone know which CRB Chase pulls here for TX? Since I have their Freedom card, I'm thinking maybe they'll be willing to work with me better than Citi? My EQ as of yesterday was 661. Not sure where I stand with EX or TU except EQ is usually my lowest of the 3. My util is at 55% (which I can pay way down once I transfer these high interest cards).

Please help! Should I app for the Chase Slate or any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.