cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BT card recommendations???

Frequent Contributor

Best BT card recommendations???

I've been looking at the Citi Diamond Preferred or the Citi Simplicity...is one tougher to qualify for than the other? I can't seem to find what their requirements are before taking the plunge and app'ing.

Any other cards you'd suggest?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Best BT card recommendations???

Chase slate...no fee

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 13
Frequent Contributor

+1 for Slate.  I've been eyeing that and the Freedom for some time.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 3 of 13
New Contributor

Dustink wrote:

Chase slate...no fee

+1

Message 4 of 13
Moderator Emeritus

RW771 wrote:

I've been looking at the Citi Diamond Preferred or the Citi Simplicity...is one tougher to qualify for than the other? I can't seem to find what their requirements are before taking the plunge and app'ing.

Any other cards you'd suggest?

try whogavemecredit.com

They can give you a list of who gave who credit....

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Valued Contributor

Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Slate.  I've been eyeing that and the Freedom for some time.

The freedom has BT fee's while the slate does not.

Get the slate for the BT and get a separate card for rewards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Dustink wrote:

Chase slate...no fee

I thought about that one too...dang. I went ahead and applied online for the Chase Simplicity and was denied...even called the backdoor number and told I was denied Smiley Sad

I want to try with Chase since I already have the Freedom card but scared I might get denied again? Are they easier to get approved through than Citi? I guess I thought since I have a HD card (backed by Citi) with a 3K limit that I might have a chance with getting approved. I know that's just 1 denial, I don't want to go app crazy but don't want to give up just after this one either ( I know Citi is a tough one).

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 7 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Oh yea...and I forgot to mention I HATE EX. I realllly hate the fact that you don't truly know where you stand with them either until you have to apply for credit like you can with TU & EQ.

Edited to fix typo.

Message 8 of 13
Valued Contributor

Personally if someone can get it, I'd suggest NFCU (any of their cards, usually the Platinum gives good limits I guess), they offer a 0% no fee BT deal around the holidays usually.  

Other one that comes to mind is Discover, usually they offer 18 months (or 15, I'd have to check) but with a fee.  I think they're easier to get as well as deal with than Chase or Citi.

Message 9 of 13
Frequent Contributor

RyVision wrote:

Personally if someone can get it, I'd suggest NFCU (any of their cards, usually the Platinum gives good limits I guess), they offer a 0% no fee BT deal around the holidays usually.  

Other one that comes to mind is Discover, usually they offer 18 months (or 15, I'd have to check) but with a fee.  I think they're easier to get as well as deal with than Chase or Citi.

Can anyone become a member of NFCU or do you have to be former/active military?? I'm scared to try Discover either...worried it will be another denial Smiley Sad

I literally lost sleep over getting denied for the Citi Simplicity...not sure why it's bothering me so bad but I have got to find a way to transfer some of these balances! I'm itching to try for the Chase Slate...does anyone know which CRB Chase pulls here for TX? Since I have their Freedom card, I'm thinking maybe they'll be willing to work with me better than Citi? My EQ as of yesterday was 661. Not sure where I stand with EX or TU except EQ is usually my lowest of the 3. My util is at 55% (which I can pay way down once I transfer these high interest cards).

Please help! Should I app for the Chase Slate or any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 13