Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best BT card recommendations???

tag
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Re: Best BT card recommendations???

I have 6 or so credit cards and honestly, the only card I can rely on to give me BT offers is Discover. They consistently have offers available. Occasionally I'll receive a BT offer on my chase amazon, which is all I use that card for due to it having a higher int. rate than my other cards. I recently moved a chase no name card over to the chase freedom, so I'm not sure if they'll send any offers through there. My Chase ink never gets bt offers and I opened a cap one cash rewards account expecting a bt offer, but not on there either.  I did app for the slate because of the no fee bt, so that seems like a good option as well, however there aren't many other useful perks to that card. Good luck!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 11 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Don't forget that you usually can't balance transfer within the same bank

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 12 of 13
Elcid89
Contributor

+1

To my knowledge NFCU never charges an BT fee, and  balance transfers are at the same rate as consumer purchases. They are pretty much my favorite card. If you can qualify for membership, it's well worth establishing a relationship with them.

They have set membership criteria, which you can find here:

https://www.navyfederal.org/about/eligibility-checklist.php

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.