Did you mean: 

Best BT offers in town?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best BT offers in town?

@thrasher865 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know if I could tell you my exact score right now or even when I applied since I can't seem to get any consistant information, but I'm certain I was still below your 690.

O RLY?

lol, I thought US Bank was a stingy lender.  That sounds like a good card, thanks for the info.  My CRs haven't updated since I paid off 4 cards, so I'll wait another 30 days or so and then I'll pull another score and it should be >700.  Hopefully back around 750 like it used to be.  I went essentially from 50% util to 10 or 15% and 5 of 8 cards showing balance (most of them small balances) to 1 of 8.  So I'm expecting a decent increase.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.  Do they pull EQ?

Yes, they pulled EQ for me.  And if it helps, I did not get instant approval when I applied.  I called the 800 number on the site a few days later and went through some automated menus that told me 'congrats, you were approved'.  Never had to speak with any live people about it though.  Good luck to you!  Let me know how it works out Smiley Happy

-Mizu

Message 11 of 13
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

$33/mo. may not be a budget buster for you, but keep in mind that peoples' budgets vary.  I'm cutting costs wherever I can.  There is no time for a second job when I'm already a full-time student on top of working full time.  40hrs at work + 16hrs of class + 8hrs of studying is pretty much my tipping point.

Transferring to a low rate tends to also have an effect that makes people pay off their debt faster, obviously, as $33 extra a month is going to pay it down.  I can't afford to pay more than $150/mo. to pay down this debt, so $150 off the balance each month is a heck of a lot better than $117 a month.  A 0% for 12 months BT offer would help me greatly. 

Of course everyone's budget varies so you gotta' do what you gotta' do, so you'll have to find a BT that will save you some money.  My only comment would be that you are stretched pretty tight for a new homeowner, stuff like this happens all the time (furnace or water heater goes out, leaky roof, etc) that can cost a lot of dough.  After you get back on your feet be sure to build up some reserves so you won't get caught short next time.  Good luck.
Message 12 of 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

What can I say, I had planned to wait 6 months until I graduated and make an actual salary.  Right now they're paying me $15/hr, which is hurtful, but in 6 months I will be making 6 or 7 times that (dont know salary to hourly conversion) to do the exact same job.  I'll be fine, I still have $1000 in savings that I don't want to touch just in case something were to come up that I couldn't put on a card for some reason.  My mortgage is very conservative, as like I said, I can pay it on a student's wages.

The BT offer was really all I was interested in starting this thread, though.  I'm well aware that I need safety net funds, etc.  Anyway, like I said, I will be checking out US Bank within the month to see about getting this balance down to 0% for a year or so.  Thanks for the help.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.