Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Balance Transfer Card

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Balance Transfer Card

@Duncanrr wrote:

There are some good numbers in the sticky threads on this board for backdoor recons.  Call them in morning and follow-up.  You could try no but its late.  (Also, tomorrow if federal holiday so not sure if they will be there.)

Alright, I will hopefully have time to conference call them Tuesday with her.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Good luck. Be honest, feed their ego by saving why u want the card and why it's a good fit. And be prepared to discuss any negatives on credit report. I did this Chase for freedom card and was approved.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Good luck. Be honest, feed their ego by saving why u want the card and why it's a good fit. And be prepared to discuss any negatives on credit report. I did this Chase for freedom card and was approved.

According to credit karma (with her permission) she has no deragetory marks, a 99% on time payment history 260/263, 33% utilization 5.4k/16.4k, AAoA 3 years 7 months oldest 7 years, 21 accounts, 2 Hp's last 2 years, 712 FAKO. So I hope all goes well for her. She needs to be approved for a good limit, which may be a problem because she has a low income of 27.6k.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Putting in my two cents here but I think the AMEX Clear is a decent BT card. It has no annual fees, no BT fees, no late fees, no over-limit fees, and no cash advance fees. AMEX currently has a 12 month 0% APR promo going on for that card. Not a lot of time to pay off a balance but it would give you some time to pay your balance down without extra fees and maybe transfer it elsewhere when the promotion completes if you're still paying on it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I like Freedom, but Slate is the only card I know of w no bt fee.

I have both Slate and Freedom btw hahaha!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

She got approved for the Slate with a $5k limit and has completed the transfers. Lets hope she gets her debt paid down some and just doesn't use this as an opportunity to rack up more debt.

She didn't get the instant approval because she already had the card and didn't know it. Apparently several years back she had WAMU so they must have ported her over to the slate, it only had an $800 limit. They just closed out that account and asked us what limit we wanted. We said $5k would be good and they said okay, was that easy. All the promotions were given.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.