Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Balance Transfer Cards...

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Best Balance Transfer Cards...

Best Balance Transfer Cards... any credit unions giving good limits and long 0% (and no BT Fee) or Soft Pull?

What is the best balance transger card/offer out there?

What card should he apply for?

My friend wants to BT about 4K from their TrueEarning Costco AMEX ... he ran out of his 0% Promo Time

He is prequal for Slate, and Diamond Preferred, and Discover It.

he has a chase freedom 4,500 , disover more 2,000 , and costo amex 4,800 , amex Gold charge, and Synchrony Bank Home Design 5,700 , and just got the NASA FCU 5K Limit.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Balance Transfer Cards...

@JTC403 wrote:

Best Balance Transfer Cards... any credit unions giving good limits and long 0% (and no BT Fee) or Soft Pull?

What is the best balance transger card/offer out there?

What card should he apply for?

My friend wants to BT about 4K from their TrueEarning Costco AMEX ... he ran out of his 0% Promo Time

He is prequal for Slate, and Diamond Preferred, and Discover It.

he has a chase freedom 4,500 , disover more 2,000 , and costo amex 4,800 , amex Gold charge, and Synchrony Bank Home Design 5,700 , and just got the NASA FCU 5K Limit.

Slate or Diamond Preferred for sure.

Discover It might or might not be as long of a promo term. Do they have a plan to pay this off already?

Message 2 of 6
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

NASA said his score was 743

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JTC403 wrote:

NASA said his score was 743

Even then, I've seen Discover offers ranging from 6mos 0% to 18mos 0%.

My father recently apped Discover It and got 14mos 0%. (His EQ FICO is 738)

Message 4 of 6
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Okay... so he went on an APP Spree

He did prequal on chase and got APPROVED the chase slate 3,000 Limit (he called for credit line increase) (he wants to BT 3100 to it... and doesnt want it maxxed out)...the CLI is 'pending' and the CSR said it was another pull???  Hope shes wrong its within 5 minutes of approval

He then asked AMEX for a CLI.... went from 4,700 to 6,800 (he is BT 3100 to slate)

He joined PEN FED and was approved for Visa Platinum (the blue vertical card) for 9,000!

He also did a prequal on Citi and got the citi simplicity card for 4,700

He did a TD Bank (Renovate) Credit card and get 10,000 Limit (essentially a store card for furniture)

I told him he should end it with the Diners Club... he got the wait for decision message... (i hear this is a good thing)

====

He has Chase Freedom 4500

Discover 2000 (he send a letter in to the EO for CLI as the CLI was not available online for his account)

Capital One (used to be Orchard Bank)... limit is only 500 ... CLI was denied... his oldest card and with an annual fee... emailed EO... asked for PC to Quicksilver Visa Siggy with no AF (and a CLI obvi)

Amex Gold Charge NPSL

Fuel Rewards MC (6,800)

Sportsmans Guide Visa (9,700)

Paypal Credit 3,500 (hidden)

Dicks Sporting Goods MC - 2,900

Paypal Extras MC - 2,001

Home Design Card 5,800

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate is probably the best BT card. No transfer fees. 0% interest for 15 months. The problem with Chase is they sometimes give low limits, but if he has 4500 limit on Freedom he can always try to transfer some of the limit over. 

Discover IT is a pretty decent BT card too. You will have a transfer fee of 3%, but the no interest period is 18 months I believe. Barclays ring is also a decent BT card with 8% fixed APR and no BT fees. But it does not have any 0% offer and requires excellent credit. 

CUs might also be decent options. 4.9% BT offers are not uncommon and they tend to become 9.99% or less after the BT period expires. I have seen people post about NASA FCU giving 7.9% BT transfer rates and other CUs probably have similar offers. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.