Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Bang For Your Buck Reward Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Bang For Your Buck Reward Card

You really need to stop asking others what is the 'best' is for anything.  Do your research and find out what's best for you.  You'll get 100 different answers about the 'best'.  It's one thing to ask something like who has the most cash back on groceries right now.  However, both your threads are far too general and aren't going to replace you looking over the various cards out there.

Message 11 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You really need to stop asking others what is the 'best' is for anything.  Do your research and find out what's best for you.  You'll get 100 different answers about the 'best'.  It's one thing to ask something like who has the most cash back on groceries right now.  However, both your threads are far too general and aren't going to replace you looking over the various cards out there.

+1.  Amd even ifyou did ask who has the most groceries cashback, the answer would still vary on if you used Walmart/Target etc.  But it would be good to look at the cards, find a few of interest, and ask something like: "Card X seems to fit my needs of getting cashback on......, any positive or negative experiences with it"

Which you may still choose to discount, but at least you focus the discussion.

Message 12 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1.  Amd even ifyou did ask who has the most groceries cashback, the answer would still vary on if you used Walmart/Target etc.  But it would be good to look at the cards, find a few of interest, and ask something like: "Card X seems to fit my needs of getting cashback on......, any positive or negative experiences with it"

Which you may still choose to discount, but at least you focus the discussion.

Great points.

Message 13 of 66
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"What card out there, from any company, offers the easiest to accumulate/valuable Rewards Points that can be used in a variety of ways, ie., gift cards, cash back, statement credit, travel, etc...If you could only have 1 credit card to use for ALL your purchases, and you wanted a killer rewards structure, what would it be?"

That's what I wrote. Where in there do I ask "what is the "best" is for anything?" I do extensive research every day, which is why I am on this board, and part of that research is hearing opinions FROM OTHERS. Obviously, everyone has different things they look for, and for different reasons, and I am interested in what OTHERS find most beneficial to them, in order to get a different perspective, that I may have been blind to. There was nothing "far too general" about the question I posted, as I listed several SPECIFIC examples of things I was interested in hearing about. If you are not interested in sharing your opinion on the question that is fine, but you taking the time to post that you don't like my questions isn't benefiting anyone. Several people easily provided me with helpful answers. I'm sorry you couldn't have been one of them.

Message 14 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"What card out there, from any company, offers the easiest to accumulate/valuable Rewards Points that can be used in a variety of ways, ie., gift cards, cash back, statement credit, travel, etc...If you could only have 1 credit card to use for ALL your purchases, and you wanted a killer rewards structure, what would it be?"

That's what I wrote. Where in there do I ask "what is the "bes" is for anything?" I do extensive research every day, which is why I am on this board, and part of that research is hearing opinions FROM OTHERS. Obviously, everyone has different things they look for, and for different reasons, and I am interested in what OTHERS find most beneficial to them, in order to get a different perspective, that I may have been blind to. There was nothing "far too general" about the question I posted, as I listed several SPECIFIC examples of things I was interested in hearing about. If you are not interested in sharing your opinion on the question that is fine, but you taking the time to post that you don't like my questions isn't benefitig anyone.

Both of your threads are very general.  'gifts cards, cash back, statement credit' are not specific. Also, when you post, you are going to get various opinions, not all have to 'benefit' you.  My points are directed at others as well and I'll continue to tell people to do their own research

Message 15 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

That's what I wrote. Where in there do I ask "what is the "best" is for anything?" I do extensive research every day, which is why I am on this board, and part of that research is hearing opinions FROM OTHERS. Obviously, everyone has different things they look for, and for different reasons, and I am interested in what OTHERS find most beneficial to them, in order to get a different perspective, that I may have been blind to. There was nothing "far too general" about the question I posted, as I listed several SPECIFIC examples of things I was interested in hearing about. If you are not interested in sharing your opinion on the question that is fine, but you taking the time to post that you don't like my questions isn't benefiting anyone. Several people easily provided me with helpful answers. I'm sorry you couldn't have been one of them.

In the title?   Also, how extensive is your every day research that you needed to ask about the meaning of PRG and SM which are discussed daily here.

Message 16 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman,

This -That's what I wrote. Where in there do I ask "what is the "best" is for anything?" I do extensive research every day, which is why I am on this board, and part of that research is hearing opinions FROM OTHERS. Obviously, everyone has different things they look for, and for different reasons, and I am interested in what OTHERS find most beneficial to them, in order to get a different perspective, that I may have been blind to. There was nothing "far too general" about the question I posted, as I listed several SPECIFIC examples of things I was interested in hearing about. If you are not interested in sharing your opinion on the question that is fine, but you taking the time to post that you don't like my questions isn't benefiting anyone. Several people easily provided me with helpful answers. I'm sorry you couldn't have been one of them.

@Irish80 is not trying to give you a hard time.  The question asked is a broad subject as no one credit card does the what you are asking.  People get cards for various reasons.  Some of the reasons are NOT acceptable and CANNOT be discussed on this board.  So google is your best friend with a question like what you asked.  If you go into google, a variety of things will come up for you to decide what is best for your situation ....

A topic likes this evokes passion from people all over this board with agreements and disagreements on what card is best.  That is why you are getting the response you are getting.  So google is your best friend here.

Message 17 of 66
Repairman
Established Contributor

Again, I do my own research, and am doing it right now. I don't need you tell me the obvious.

Message 18 of 66
Repairman
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

In the title?   Also, how extensive is your every day research that you needed to ask about the meaning of PRG and SM which are discussed daily here.

A title is a quck headline to get attention. The body of the post went further...as explained.

Message 19 of 66
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repairman,

A topic likes this evokes passion from people all over this board with agreements and disagreements on what card is best.  That is why you are getting the response you are getting.  So google is your best friend here.

Clearly, but I still got many answers from other people on this very post that I found to be extremely helpful and insightful.

Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.