Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Bang For Your Buck Reward Card

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: Best Bang For Your Buck Reward Card

What about the Amazon Prime Store card? Anyone have experience with that?

Message 61 of 66
CodeMonkey
Contributor

Amex SPG, imo, assuming you do any traveling for business or leisure.

In my experience and according to most review cites, SPG points are worth anywhere from 2-7 cpp, making the at-first-glance mediocre earning rate of 1 point per dollar spent on the SPG card equivalent to anywhere from 2-7% cashback on every single purchase.

I used to spread my spending out across 2-3 cards to max out my rewards rate, but the last year and change I've focused all of my spending on my SPG card and haven't looked back. The simplicity is great, and I find that I enjoy "aspirational" credit card rewards more than simply extra cashback that I plug into my budget as income.

Message 62 of 66
Repairman
Established Contributor

@CodeMonkey wrote:

I used to spread my spending out across 2-3 cards to max out my rewards rate, but the last year and change I've focused all of my spending on my SPG card and haven't looked back. 

Can you share how much you now spend on it in a year, and how many SPG points you end up with?
Message 63 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

What card out there, from any company, offers the easiest to accumulate/valuable Rewards Points that can be used in a variety of ways, ie., gift cards, cash back, statement credit, travel, etc...If you could only have 1 credit card to use for ALL your purchases, and you wanted a killer rewards structure, what would it be? FYI, I spend a huge amount each month/year on restaurants. And I spend on average about $3000/mo on credit cards.

Because I am interested in actual cash back and not statement credits or gift cards, I use my Citibank DC, BoA Cash Rewards, and Discover It credit cards. I don't do a lot of traveling so I don't have a use for a miles card yet. I am not as seasoned as a lot of the posters on "rewards" so I do what is best for me. What is your goal? What type of rewards are you interested in: cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or etc? I think answering these questions will help you determine which reward card or cards is best for you. Recently, on another post, I found out about an app called Wallaby which is extremely helpful to me. Here is the link: https://www.walla.by/. I use it to determine which credit card offers me the most rewards. Good luck!!!

SN: If anyone has any more suggestions for cash back credit cards, please share. Smiley Very Happy

What's the difference between cash back and statemnet credits?  You like actually receiving checks?

The flexibility to do what I want with my money. I usually have the funds DD into a dedicated rewards savings account. I don't have a problem with receiving checks. I can deposit them from my phone. Have a good day!

Message 64 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Another aspect that's nice about getting a deposit over a statement credit for me is that I can put it straight into savings. Saving without thinking about it is a powerful psychological tool for me.

Yep! 

Message 65 of 66
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Discover Miles for the first year!

2% is amateur hour to me until February 2016 when i am back to Double Cash and Fidelity Amex after my 3% promo is over. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.