Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Bank of America Bill Ever!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Bank of America Bill Ever!

Not trying to be funny, but I think you definately had the short end of the stick on this one. Not the bank teller. She did the same amount of work whether you paid with a penny or by check. You on the other hand, drove to the bank wasting gas as well as wasted a check that hopefully you at least get for free from your institution. Should have paid online instead of wasting your gas.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not trying to be funny, but I think you definately had the short end of the stick on this one. Not the bank teller. She did the same amount of work whether you paid with a penny or by check. You on the other hand, drove to the bank wasting gas as well as wasted a check that hopefully you at least get for free from your institution. Should have paid online instead of wasting your gas.

+1

People sometimes forget that time costs money. But then again, entertainment is worth money, and maybe the reaction of the teller was worth the effort Smiley Happy For me, doing this would have not been worth it since the entertainment would not be worth the actual effort of going in to the branch. However, if I had an actual reason to go to the bank (not done this in over a year), it might be worth the reaction of writing out a 1 cent check.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So true, forgot about the value of wasted time too.

Message 13 of 22
elim
Senior Contributor

people still write checks?   and use pens?    Smiley Tongue

1 swipe on prism and my bill is paid with no bother to the bank employee (or myself).

congrats on the $25.  

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure I'd have done the same thing if I got that!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

people still write checks?   and use pens?    Smiley Tongue

And get statements in the mail?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked as a teller (at BofA no less) during college (I'm 27 now) and I doubt the teller cared your paymet was a penny. Whatever look you got I'm sure it was not that she felt her time was wasted.

Message 17 of 22
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This came in the mail yesterday...

SBMKT_20150718184709.jpg

This is from the Better Balance Rewards card. I received my quarterly $25 right before the statement ended.

I went to pay in a branch, and the teller was not amused with my check written out for $0.01...

LOL!!!!!!

Message 18 of 22
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When should I get my bonus? I had a balances on April, May, and June and paid in full each month. Mine is set up to deposit into checking. My third statement cut and I didn't get it. Is it on 4th statement?

I normally get my bonus about a week after the end of the quarter.  My last bonus was paid into my checking account on 7/6.   If it makes any difference, my BBR closes near the end of the month.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.