Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Auto Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Auto Upgrade

Congrats...To piggyback I was surprised DH got one yesterday too...That's a welcome surprise but the APR I was looking at the papers is astronomical..But it beats having their store card no doubt....Congrats again says it should come by July.

Message 11 of 33
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

WAYMENT!!!! OP how did you do this? Did you send a secure message via the Best Buy credit website and request it? I have had my BB store card for 5 years when it was HSBC and now it is Citi o.O

Hmmmm interesting indeed...I can get rid of the store card and have BB/Citi Signature Visa.....<Yes Perfect in my Evil Villain voice>

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 12 of 33
Mellon
Established Contributor

@nycplayboy78 wrote:

WAYMENT!!!! OP how did you do this? Did you send a secure message via the Best Buy credit website and request it? I have had my BB store card for 5 years when it was HSBC and now it is Citi o.O

Hmmmm interesting indeed...I can get rid of the store card and have BB/Citi Signature Visa.....<Yes Perfect in my Evil Villain voice>

i sent a message about a year ago to see if  could upgrade and was told NO that i would have to apply for the Visa version. Out of the blue on yesterday i got the letter advising me of the upgrade and new account number. Looking at the terms the APR is 28.24% and 11.90% for select purchases eligible for 48 month reduced rate credit plan. I never carried a regular balance on the store card and will not do so on this one without deferred interest

Message 13 of 33
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

just got a letter in the mail from Citi advising me that they have upgraded my BB Store card to a Visa and that i should be receiving the card soon....Smiley Happy

Congrats! Back in the day HSBC never let people upgrade from the store card to the (then) MC, requiring people to sign up for a brand new account.

I tried using the paltry $300 MC, but after a while I grew tired of it and closed it.

I kept the store card, but HSBC CL'd that to a measly $805. If it weren't as old as it is I would've closed it.

FICO does consider the mix of accounts, such as store credit cards. Store cards are easy to get though, so if you can get upgraded to a co-branded card with benefits, that's a great thing!

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 33
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

just got a letter in the mail from Citi advising me that they have upgraded my BB Store card to a Visa and that i should be receiving the card soon....Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 33
BluOne
New Contributor

Congrats!

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Waiting for this to happen with my account, Also did send them a SM a few months ago.

Message 17 of 33
Mellon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! Waiting for this to happen with my account, Also did send them a SM a few months ago.

hopefully you get the upgrade also

Message 18 of 33
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 33
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade! I tried using SM to ask for an upgrade on my BB card, and was also told I had to apply separately. I'm kinda jelly right now, but again congrats. Smiley Tongue

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.