Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Auto Upgrade

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Auto Upgrade

There are versions of the Visa card that charge annual fee(s). 

I'm with you that I don't want to close out an old store account just on the odd chance that they might approve a Visa. I wouldn't want the card if it had an annual fee, so I've stayed with the store-only card.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 31 of 33
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

I just received the letter today in the mail as well.  Never asked for it.  My Cl was increased back in November from 2200 to 8000.  What is funny is I already have a BB Visa that I opened several ears ago that has no annual fee but only had a 300 limit.  lol.  I didn't think that would ever grow but the limit was increased on that one at the same time as my store card to 5000.    I guess I will just have them combine the 2 when I get it in July and have a 13k limit. 

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 32 of 33
EJMiv
Valued Member

@nycplayboy78 wrote:

SIGH...The folks are on some ole BS.....

We received your recent inquiry regarding the account. Thank you for your inquiry regarding a change or upgrade of the account type for which you were approved. We understand the importance, however in order to be considered for a different Best Buy Credit Card product you must close your existing account and then re-apply. We offer four possible card types. You could be approved for one of the four at the time of application. We cannot guarantee you will be approved or that you will be approved for a particular Best Buy Credit Card product. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I sense FOOLERY and $*&ERY abound....

You see how they say they offer FOUR types of cards...Well I am on their website right now and I only see TWO...DaFuQ??!!

best buy credit cards.jpg

There are two versions of the store card and the Visa card. The regular card, and the preferred card. Difference is just APR, and possibly an annual fee on the standard versions. 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.