cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC - Can it be Reinstated/Reopened?

tag
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Best Buy CC - Can it be Reinstated/Reopened?

My mom had her Best Buy CC for about 5 years now and she just found out while she was shopping @ Best Buy that her CC was closed last month due to inactivity.

Is there a way to have her CC reopened?

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC - Can it be Reinstated/Reopened?

call & ask.  you never know.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any success stories here. This is HSBC we're talking about.

If she does try, be sure to have her understand before calling that she wants the account re-instated with the original opening date, not a brand new date.

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I did call and no one can give me a definite answer. CSR#1 advised me that they can easily reinstate the account w/o generating an inquiry since the account is still good; just need to request for a "CLI"? not sure? . Then got transferred to CSR#2, which stated that I will have to reapply and will generate a new inquiry on my CR..

Maybe I should call again tomorrow during normal business hours, since I got transferred to an overseas call center.

Grrrrrrrr

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, with HSBC, you definitely want to call during standard US business hours.

If someone tells you that the account can be reopened with the original date, be sure to ask for their name and their employee badge number.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Thanks! I did call and no one can give me a definite answer. CSR#1 advised me that they can easily reinstate the account w/o generating an inquiry since the account is still good; just need to request for a "CLI"? not sure? . Then got transferred to CSR#2, which stated that I will have to reapply and will generate a new inquiry on my CR..

Maybe I should call again tomorrow during normal business hours, since I got transferred to an overseas call center.

Grrrrrrrr

How long has the account been closed?  I think CSR #2 is right.  CSR #1 should go back to training because they are not ready for the floor.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.