Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC and Score ???

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy CC and Score ???

@laz98 wrote:

is that for the store card AND the rz card?  our store card doesn't have an AF.

Neither does mine. But I've had it for several years. Perhaps it's something pretty new that an AF has been charged for the store card?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I don't think the store CC has a fee. The guy I spoke with said that the Chase card was easier *because* it has an AF. Seems odd to me.I don't want an AF card

When you take advantage of these 0% interest for 6-mo offers, does it wreck havoc with your FICO score? I'm guessing that it depends on the CL they give you. But also I wonder how the CCCs feel about people making payments instead of PIF. It seems like a lot of people here charge and PIF each month.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I don't think the store CC has a fee. The guy I spoke with said that the Chase card was easier *because* it has an AF. Seems odd to me.I don't want an AF card

When you take advantage of these 0% interest for 6-mo offers, does it wreck havoc with your FICO score? I'm guessing that it depends on the CL they give you. But also I wonder how the CCCs feel about people making payments instead of PIF. It seems like a lot of people here charge and PIF each month.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Its only temporary havoc based on your total utilzation

Message 13 of 18
203bravo
Established Contributor

Sorry -- yall are correct -- I didn't notice that they listed the disclosures for the "Reward Zone Credit Card" and the "Reward Zone MasterCard" were listed together.. theAF is for the MC not the store care -- SORRY.

Message 14 of 18
kjm79
Valued Contributor

App'd for Best Buy Store card on 7/2, in store with a $500 initial purchase.  Had 692 EQ FICO and 24% UTIL.  Approved for $1200 CL.  No AF.  Score dropped to 690 after inquiry hit (total of 6 on EQ).  Account has not posted yet.  All of the disclosures I received in the store all stated HSBC, no mention of Chase.  I just closed my HSBC BB RZ MC 3 days earlier because after 2 years perfect history with them, they wouldn't give me a CLI.  Stuck at $500 for the past year and a half.  Other RZMC members had posted about "luv buttons" and CLI's, so I ended up giving them the ax.  I've read the store card is more generous with CLI so we shall see.   

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 15 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I had both the HSBC and the Chase store card. I had Chase from the Circut City days and Best Buy took those cards over.

Once I paid the Chase off, I closed it and now I am sorry I did. I would rather have that card and the relationship with Chase!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, sorry to revive an older thread, but this is pretty helpful info.  Does anyone reporting on this thread know which CRA they pulled?  Thanks.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled eq for me. Got approved for $1500 w fico 662
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.