cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC disappeared from credit report?

tag
0x47
Contributor

Best Buy CC disappeared from credit report?

I just found out a few weeks ago that Best Buy "transfered" all Capital One Best Buy cards to Citi, canceled my auto pays, and in general was a pretty sly move to try and screw up my 0% financing on my existing balance.  Well they didn't get me.

But what I did notice is that the card is no longer reporting my CK.  Any idea if the "new" Citi card (supposedly the same account number and all) is going to still report the 7+ years of history that I have on the CL?  I just got dinged on SW for having a "short" credit history, which is absolute bull, so I am hoping this CC change isn't going to negatively impact my score for long.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
drewrico
New Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC disappeared from credit report?

Can you please explain how best buy tried to "get you" and how it was a "sly move?"
Message 2 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Here's a thread that may help you 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cap-1-Best-Buy-reporting-closed-on-Experian-due-to-Citi...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 24
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I know what you mean, They really did not keep me as informed about everything as they could have.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 4 of 24
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I dont really check credit karma, but I believe they only show open accounts.

Message 5 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Everything about Best Buy lately has been shady and sly.

They "improved" their loyalty program, but really it was a complete nerf.

No doubt their credit card department is no better.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@dustlink, I went to best buy website after I saw your post. Wow..... So essentially they nerfed both the return policy and the already pathetic rewards program further. I'm now supposedly "elite plus" but it feels like they are giving me the middle finger instead.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Tbh, I think they are going the way of Circuit City
Message 8 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@lexie, I think so too, but that would be bad though. Where else can I go to look at products in person before I buy them on amazon?

There's no way best buy can compete against amazon on price simply because they have to pay rent for each physical location while amazon does not. Hence, they seemed to be trying to compete through service instead. However, this latest nerf is giving me the impression that they don't really give a damn either. Amazon may have a 30 day policy, but it seems to be a "soft limit". Once I went past return deadline simply because I was too busy and forgot about shipping it back before I went overseas. I came back, and then remembered I had forgotten after seeing the box in the middle of my entryway. I called amazon, and the rep told me to ship it back even though it was around 50-60 days since the order was placed. She updated the return status and I got a full refund without any fees. this is what good customer service truly is.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 24
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Tbh, I think they are going the way of Circuit City

I worked there years and years ago, and i still like shopping there, but I'm pretty sure they are not going the way of circuit city; I still have some Best Buy shares and YTD they are up over 350%.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.