Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy CC

So my laptop decided to take a crap and I need to purchase a new one because I am an online masters student. I had a Best Buy CC back in the day. i believe at the point I had it they were run by HBSC Bank. I see Citi Bank does their credit card but is it the same with the store card? What report do they pull? I had a Citi card back in the day but any time I try to do the pre-qual I don't get anything and I'm unwilling to put it on one of my current credit cards where I don't get special financing (well I'll be willing since I definitely need a dang laptop but I won't be happy about it Smiley Tongue.) Any help is welcome!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC

@Anonymous wrote:

So my laptop decided to take a crap and I need to purchase a new one because I am an online masters student. I had a Best Buy CC back in the day. i believe at the point I had it they were run by HBSC Bank. I see Citi Bank does their credit card but is it the same with the store card? What report do they pull? I had a Citi card back in the day but any time I try to do the pre-qual I don't get anything and I'm unwilling to put it on one of my current credit cards where I don't get special financing (well I'll be willing since I definitely need a dang laptop but I won't be happy about it Smiley Tongue.) Any help is welcome!

It is Citi.. They wil more than likely pull Ex..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

in my experience best buy can pull EQ or EX, more EQ pulls from my experience but can be either. I think both of your scores could get you the card if you havent been applying for cards lately. Sometimes applying in the store can speed up the process in case you get a call in message. 

Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

EQ for me when I got the BB Visa.. Although could be Exp.

Message 4 of 12
NichelleN
Established Contributor

EQ for me for the card and CLI.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help all! Looks like I'll be heading there tonight :-)

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it has been 3 months but did you ever happen to get approved? Also, who did they pull? 

Didn't see the card in your sig. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it has been 3 months but did you ever happen to get approved? Also, who did they pull? 

I ended up not going for it. I feel as though I probably could've gotten approved, especially in store, but I want to also let my scores grow some and tend to the current variety of credit I do have. Good luck if you end up apping!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

smc4getnot wrote:

HSXAGENT wrote:

smc4getnot wrote:

I ended up not going for it. I feel as though I probably could've gotten approved, especially in store, but I want to also let my scores grow some and tend to the current variety of credit I do have. Good luck if you end up apping!

I might try for the Best Buy Visa Card during Black Friday '17. Right now I'll be tending to the cards I have and watch them grow.

Looks like we are both Gardening, I'll be on the look out regarding your CLI posts and or support!

Thanks for replying!

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

LOL, so smc, whatever became of the new laptop? Did you put it on your other ccs or are you still marching on with the old one haha, inquiring minds want to knowSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.