Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy CC

I currently have a BBRZMC and I'm thinking about appling for the store card.

Would it be better to apply in the store or on-line?

What are my chances of being approved?  I've never been late and I've laways PIF.

I've had the card sice July.

Anyone have both, the mastercard and the store card?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a BBRZMC and I'm thinking about appling for the store card.

Would it be better to apply in the store or on-line?

What are my chances of being approved?  I've never been late and I've laways PIF.

I've had the card sice July.

Anyone have both, the mastercard and the store card?

I have  both cards. I applied both online and it doesn't matter with HSBC. I don't think HSBC RZMC will help to get the store card. How's your credit? What's credit utiil? 

Ron.

Message 2 of 28
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I have both. I got the store card first. They started me at $1350. Six months later I asked for an increase and got  a $450 increase. Six moths after that, I got another $600 CLI. I just got the BBRWZ card with a  starting CL of $510.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 28
laz98
Senior Contributor

lots of people here have both.  the 2 main differences i have seen are that with the store card, you can get the special financing offers that the other one does not have, and the store card tends to come with significantly higher limits than the reward zone card (yes, there are exceptions, before people start griping).

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 baddies which are 4 years old and my current util is 17%

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in my sig.

Message 6 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

What do you mean baddies? Charge-off or late?  I think your utilization is kind of high, How many inquiries do you have in TU within six months?

Ron.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a repo and a charge off, the charge off is reporting twice, one as HSBC and the other as LVNV the collection agency. All three are set to drop off in January of 2012 that's when I'm thinking of applying. Not applying for credit in 2011.
Message 8 of 28
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I got a $1350 limit with a FICo score of 620 and 5 baddies

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a repo and a charge off, the charge off is reporting twice, one as HSBC and the other as LVNV the collection agency. All three are set to drop off in January of 2012 that's when I'm thinking of applying. Not applying for credit in 2011.

No, I don't think so because you have charge-off account with HSBC and it is still reporting. They might denied you even the account dropped off ( internal blacklist). You might be able to qualify for Chase when you apply inside the store.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.