Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a repo and a charge off, the charge off is reporting twice, one as HSBC and the other as LVNV the collection agency. All three are set to drop off in January of 2012 that's when I'm thinking of applying. Not applying for credit in 2011.

No, I don't think so because you have charge-off account with HSBC and it is still reporting. They might denied you even the account dropped off ( internal blacklist). You might be able to qualify for Chase when you apply inside the store.

I dont think HSBC cares. I have both store card and mastercard and I have a previous hsbc charge off showing on  my credit report.

Message 11 of 28
halos24
Frequent Contributor

My was approved for the BBRMC for $500 no AF back in Sept, but denied for the store card because of my bankruptcy that is 1 year away from coming off! I even tried to call the back door number to do a recon and no go basically they told me to call back when that falls off. Any ways, my husband applied at the same time in Sept and his uti is about 60% no kidding at the time, with a fico of about 660 and 4 baddies from over 3 years ago. They approved him for $800 only, and for what it seems the level B or whatever card where basically the limit cannot go past the $800.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC does not care because I have a BBRZMC.  In fact when I opened the BBRZMC It never showed up as a new acct on my scorewatch.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck in removing the charge off from HSBC?

Message 14 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

HSBC may not care when you got approved for RZMC.  They denied me for BB Card when I had a charge-off account (Retail store card)with them.  They approved me any Visa/MC when I was blacklisted because it was on different system.

Message 15 of 28
smc733
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to just apply for the Store Card?

I'm worried that I'll end up getting offered the RZMC.  I am going to wait until my inquiries fall off before applying, though.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 16 of 28
amp0804
Regular Contributor

I only have the store card. I didnt want the rzmc i heard horror stories about it. The store card is awesome. I bought a tv and they gave me 3 years no interest. Of course im not going to pay the tv for 3 years but its useful.
Message 17 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@amp0804 wrote:
I only have the store card. I didnt want the rzmc i heard horror stories about it. The store card is awesome. I bought a tv and they gave me 3 years no interest. Of course im not going to pay the tv for 3 years but its useful.

WHAT!!! that is a Edited decision!!! its no interest because it accrures. by then you will have not only had to pay for the full price of the tv, but you will owe 3 years of interest. and if you aren't making minimum payments, you will completely wreck your credit, and i bet it wont be long before you don't get to use the store card again for a long time.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 18 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes. You can apply online.  They might offer Chase Best Buy Card if you don't qualify for HSBC inside the store.

Ron.

Message 19 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i know some think i am backwards, but i am one of the few that perfers the rzmc to bbsc. i have the max possible (to start out too) for a gold (sub-prime) card and fengangled the af to 0 on my rzmc. (was supposed to be 59 but i got it all waived). my rzmc limit to start out is 1500. i am going to work on this card until i achieve my goal to get the platinum rzmc which is almost as hard to get as a chase sapphire. i plan on that point of closing out my gold rzmc 3 to 4 days prior to reapplying again. and if i get stuck with the gold card again, i will tell them to take a hike and that i am no longer going to pursue being a customer of hsbc.

i already have a sony crutchfield gemoney store card which is quite comparable. i don't need a bbsc and it isn't worth another hard pull. i should have apped for both at the same time; as i heard it only hard pulls once when you do this.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.