cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CCs

Established Contributor

Best Buy CCs

Okay from reading various posts on here I understand Best Buy has 2 CC to offer:

1)  regular Best Buy store CC

2)  Best Buy Reward  Zone MC

 

I was thinking of applying & the Reward Zone MC seems like the better deal since it helps you earn more Reward Zone points which gets you more gift certificates, but I've also seen posts mention an AF with that card.  Can anyone confirm?  I've been on the Best Buy website where you sign up for the cards & while the APR is mentioned nothing is said anywhere about an AF. 

 

I don't want any surprises if I apply.  Also does anyone know if I apply for the store CC & am declined is the Reward Zone MC a counter-offer? 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)




Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Established Member

Re: Best Buy CCs

Yes there is an annual fee. I think it is $59. The one good thing is if you use the card your credit limit will increase. I have increased from $300 to $1000 in less than a year with good payment record and lots of use every month.
Message 2 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs

It seems kind of sneaky to make no mention of this AF on their website where you apply for the card.  I've got one CC with an AF ($18) & I really don't think I want to pay for the privelege of any more CC at this time since I finally seem to be past the sub-prime/builder cards.  The $18 AF card is from NFCU & its an un-secured CC. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)




Message 3 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs


mt2va wrote:

Okay from reading various posts on here I understand Best Buy has 2 CC to offer:

1)  regular Best Buy store CC

2)  Best Buy Reward  Zone MC

 

I was thinking of applying & the Reward Zone MC seems like the better deal since it helps you earn more Reward Zone points which gets you more gift certificates, but I've also seen posts mention an AF with that card.  Can anyone confirm?  I've been on the Best Buy website where you sign up for the cards & while the APR is mentioned nothing is said anywhere about an AF. 

 

I don't want any surprises if I apply.  Also does anyone know if I apply for the store CC & am declined is the Reward Zone MC a counter-offer? 


If you app for the reward zone mc the plat card has no af.

Message 4 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs


Bobby43 wrote:
The one good thing is if you use the card your credit limit will increase. I have increased from $300 to $1000

 

I will have to respectfully disagree with you.Its more like a case by case basis..Ive been a bb customer for over a year with no cli..
Message 5 of 12
New Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs


I don't want any surprises if I apply.  Also does anyone know if I apply for the store CC & am declined is the Reward Zone MC a counter-offer? 


Yes, If you do not get approved for the BB Store card, they will counter you with teh Reward zone card. Be careful if you apply on line, because it might tell you that you are approved, but it won't tell you which one you will get. You would have to call them to find out if you got approved for the store cardm or the reward zone card

Message 6 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs

When I applied I did so directly for the Rewardzone Mastercard (via HSBC) and it went through a sort of pre-approval process where it listed the cards I was eligible for (Gold in my case).  The annual fee was listed there before I applied officially.  It was $39 for me (500 limit after approval) and they didn't do a hard inquiry until I officially applied from that screen.  I think the fees for the gold are anywhere betwen 30 and 80/year and the platinum is free.  The platinum also obviously has much better interest rates available, and wouldn't be surprised if CLI's are more common.
Message 7 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs


vonMannstein wrote:
The platinum also obviously has much better interest rates available, and wouldn't be surprised if CLI's are more common.

I haven't had much luck with this card.I received a starting cl of $2500. and been there ever since.

Message 8 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs


vonMannstein wrote:
When I applied I did so directly for the Rewardzone Mastercard (via HSBC) and it went through a sort of pre-approval process where it listed the cards I was eligible for (Gold in my case).  The annual fee was listed there before I applied officially.  It was $39 for me (500 limit after approval) and they didn't do a hard inquiry until I officially applied from that screen.  I think the fees for the gold are anywhere betwen 30 and 80/year and the platinum is free.  The platinum also obviously has much better interest rates available, and wouldn't be surprised if CLI's are more common.

Can you advise a link I can do this at.  When I go to the HSBC website & look at available cards I don't see the Reward Zone MC at all.  Just a bucnh of HSBC credit cards.  I also didn't find a pre-approval selector on the site that I went too. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)




Message 9 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CCs

Below is the link for the pre-qual site:

 

https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/rewardzonemastercard?media=B5IM29H20061100001EM

 

It's listed in the "Others" group on the HSBC credit card page.

Message 10 of 12