Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI | Capital One

tag
acevesf
New Contributor

Best Buy CLI | Capital One

Hey everyone,

Has anyone tried a CLI with thier best buy store card now that it is being handled by capital one? I used to request the CLI with the luv button religously every 6 months but I am at that time again and just don't know what to do now!

I was hoping there were some of you out there that have tried the luv button with their best buy store card which was previously handled by hsbc, now by capital one.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI | Capital One

I think it works the same way for now because it looks like the login and interface has not changed since the move

Message 2 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

I have had my BBZMC since 2008 and never got a CLI even when I asked

Now when it switched to Cap One, I called and asked. I got a CLi with a SP from $300 to $800.

Still have a $59 AF though

Message 3 of 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

There is a recent thread about this. People have been geting CLI's since the conversion to Cap One. I have a Plat RZMC, and went from 8k to 9.5k a couple weeks ago (with a SP).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Found it...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/HSBC-Cap1-Best-Buy-Store-Card-CLI-Approval/m-p/1469770#...

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 9
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Got my BB card in Dec 2011. Got CLI from 1K to 2K around late May/ early June (can't remember exact date). Am gonna try again in 6 months and see what happens Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

I JUST got one like a day or two ago... see my post "best buy instant CLI"

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 7 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I don't have the Best Buy card, but I do have a Household/Capone card and I got a small CLI of $200 since they acquired HSBC. 

Is this the $200 that all Capone cards get?  Does this mean I will never get a CLI again on this card?

My Household card is a no annual fee card and is not considered Prime or Subprime......  This might be something new for Capone!!!  Since they can't classify it as Subprime, do I then defualt to Prime in their way of doing things?

I have had the account for 10 months now.  Getting any CLI from Capone is a miracle if you are not a Prime cardholder it appears.  Does this mean they are still being treated with HSBC rules?  A mix of both? 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 9
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Good luck! I have read recently people getting CLI since C1 took over.  I never got a CLI on mine with HSBC..I had for 5 years, CL was $3000 and had a $39 AF..I had the BB RZ MC (gold). I closed it last month, primarly bc of the AF..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.