Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI Offer

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI Offer

Made a $150 purchase online tonight, checked my Best Buy account and CLi posted instantly to $3k without waiting 5 days as the email stated.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score!  If we hadn't gotten the big CLI in January I'd be peeking around for that offer on wife's BBY card.

Oz

Message 12 of 28
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I used the offer today for the remote auto start. Cli instantly to my account. Now I won't freeze anymore in the winter sitting in the car.

Message 13 of 28
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Has anyone received this email offer from Best Buy ?image.jpgit says,mthe you will increase limit to $3k with a $149 or more purchase

I didn't get it on the Best Buy card, but on its Citi brother, the Sears, it was to spend $149 by 12/31/14. I spent the specified amount as they had items on sale, and was awarded the CLI.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. op. that is the only way best buy or citi can get me to use my card. i went for cli a few months back. and got nothing. plus they pulled my eq instead of tu. no thanks. its the only card i have in my portfolio that has not seen a cli.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's instant, just swipe for 150, then return whatever you got in a week or so.

Message 16 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's instant, just swipe for 150, then return whatever you got in a week or so.

thats kind of hard core. im sure you would be fine if you did that. but your next cli would probably not happen. ever.

Message 17 of 28
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes it was instant CLi. But I wouldn't do that because I expected them to hold up to their side of the bargin so I'm sure

they would expect me to do the same.

i bout a paper shredder, 2 pair of 3D glasses, and 2 movies. $150.82 + tax  ..

i have no desire to do that to them. Not going to mess up future opportunities like this over $150 . I needed the items anyway.

Message 18 of 28
MTSN
Regular Contributor

FWIW I went ahead and just requested a CLI since I was stuck at $3,500 as my limit since I opened the card almost 2 years ago. I called in to see if they had a recent SP they could use, but they told me it would be a hard pull regardless. I went online and put in the request to bump it from $3,500 to $13,500, and I got the message saying they'd get back to me. I got an email from them about 5 minutes later saying they reached a decision, so I logged in and saw my new available credit was the full $13,500! They pulled EQ for me as an FYI.

Message 19 of 28
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@MTSN wrote:

FWIW I went ahead and just requested a CLI since I was stuck at $3,500 as my limit since I opened the card almost 2 years ago. I called in to see if they had a recent SP they could use, but they told me it would be a hard pull regardless. I went online and put in the request to bump it from $3,500 to $13,500, and I got the message saying they'd get back to me. I got an email from them about 5 minutes later saying they reached a decision, so I logged in and saw my new available credit was the full $13,500! They pulled EQ for me as an FYI.

NICE... Mind splitting your limit with me ? Lol

conrgrats

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.