Best Buy CLI Question

Is it soft or hard?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
scott46401

Re: Best Buy CLI Question

@CS800 wrote:

Is it soft or hard?

always a soft pull....I have had 4 CLI's in the past 2 years(and one denial), and soft every time.

Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scott46401 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Is it soft or hard?

always a soft pull....I have had 4 CLI's in the past 2 years(and one denial), and soft every time.

Ive tried twice and denied but soft pulls.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@scott46401 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Is it soft or hard?

Ive tried twice and denied but soft pulls.

I have always requested and always denied in the pas t 3 years. I called this morning and the agent didnt know if it was going to be a soft or a hard. She said it's automated.

I chickened out.

Message 4 of 12
Nightfallx
New Contributor

i think it's a hardpull, because i was declined and they gave me a reason and my creditscore.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Best Buy Store is a soft... the score you are getting is the soft that they are getting every months or two.... When you do CLI with Amex, the score they send you after approved or denied can be up to 2 months ago, it shows the date. or maybe that was GE on my Dillards Amex... forget right now.

Now recently the stupid Best Buy MC was doing Hard Pulls and that was the first I had EVER seen that and it made me VERY MAD.  She wasn't nice and was putting me down saying I didn't qualify for more then $300 limit, but I had $600... I told her the only reason the card was still opened was because of the transfer to Capital One next year!

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Best Buy Store is a soft... the score you are getting is the soft that they are getting every months or two.... When you do CLI with Amex, the score they send you after approved or denied can be up to 2 months ago, it shows the date. or maybe that was GE on my Dillards Amex... forget right now.

Now recently the stupid Best Buy MC was doing Hard Pulls and that was the first I had EVER seen that and it made me VERY MAD.  She wasn't nice and was putting me down saying I didn't qualify for more then $300 limit, but I had $600... I told her the only reason the card was still opened was because of the transfer to Capital One next year!

Sorry to hear about your experience, I'm hoping Cap1  treats their new HSBC customers with some luv!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Sorry to hear about your experience, I'm hoping Cap1  treats their new HSBC customers with some luv!

I have two cap ones for 4 years now in great standing; always denied for CLI.

I also have a BBRZMC and its stuck at $300 no CLI ever.

So I always say if cap one takes over HSBC, i'm screwed.

Message 8 of 12
scott46401

@scott46401 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Is it soft or hard?

I apologize....I had confused this with Lowe's. I do not have the Best Buy card.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The store card is a soft pull.  And it limits requests to every 6 months. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.